Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ritz64

Did I mess up my Nose?

In Middle school and High school I use to every morning pop blackheads on my nose. I would usualy bend my nose alot to do this. I was wondering if abusing my nose like this could have destroyed it?

Well I have stoped doing it for some time, and also I kind of exagerated on "destroying my noise."

But what could be the effects of such actions?

I don't think that you destroyed your nose or caused any long term damage. Does your nose hurt though??

Squeezing your blackheads daily could result in scars though, so be careful!

DO NOT TOUCH YOUR NOSE!!!!!!!! I can't emphasize this enough because I have messed with my nose and have numerous acne scars (little holes) on it now. I'm not even sure smoothbeam will help and my doctor won't excise them because they are too small.....

So, like the mom I am, I am going to tell you to learn from my experience and JUST DON'T DO IT! Glop the 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide on if you have whiteheads, use emu oil if you have blackheads, but don't touch the damn things if you wanna have a nice nose (which is the most prominent feature of the face).

[-X nancy

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Hey Nancy,

I just remember- This is just my experience..when you go to have your SB done, watch out when they zap your nose area....it hurts like *$)#!!

Make sure they got enough numbing cream on your nose.

Thanks for the warning Obi, but I read that last post and thought, is the physical pain worth getting rid of the mental pain? Guess what that answer was, lol? smile.gif

~nancy

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

Good question. I actually will tolerate certain pain for improvement. But I'm working on accepting my condition too to a certain level, so I won't go into deeper and more invasive procedures, although that needling on Charlotte reaally works wonders.

Some are like enlarged pores and some are like small ice pick scars....and I even have a few shallow chickenpox like scars...you name it, I've done it to my nose. I'm trying the mandelic serum for the enlarged pores (just got it yesterday yeah!) and the smoothbeam for the rest so I'm hoping to see some improvement [-o< .

Anyhow, the skin on the nose is pretty sensitive so if you haven't messed it up, DON'T!

smile.gif nancy

lol physical pain is nothing compared to acne.

i would gladly take 10 whips to the back everyday for perfect skin lmao......