Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'd like to start a thread to state that after only one month of use of Yasmin I am really happy with my results. I was waking up with a new breakout almost every morning and now they have subsided to 1 every 2-3 weeks or so. And when I do get a breakout which are fairly small, they go away with a little BP or Tazorac use which I apply every 2nd day or so. Keep in mind that even while on a 5 month antibiotic course (Doryx) I was still getting new breakouts everyday, but the medication reduced the cystic size to mild acne. A combination of both has really tremendously reduced the amount of inflamations I used to get; although the oil production has not subsided. Thank goodness for the Yasmin before I considered the Accutane again. Now all I have to deal with on a quiet note is my hair loss which is plaguing me currently.

i just started yasmin 3 days ago. i switched from orthotricyclen which made me dead tired and i slept for 2 weeks straight. not good!! but i had alot of hair loss but by i end of the pack it slowed back down to regular.....maybe 10 hairs in my shower drain hair catcher.

anyways good luck

Yes, I am currently noticing less hair now that I blow dry. Can you believe I have not combed my hair in almost 3 months? All I had to do was put the blow dryer to my hair and the hairs would just come out on their own. This is so scary... I've been thinning for almost 2 years now. I don't believe it is family history. This has something to do with my own hormones elevating. Just particular to me. It also didn't help that I cut down meat about 4 years straight...I am glad I am on the Yasmin now. I'm still asking for the Spironoalectone when I see my endo next week, for the oil...

I also switched from Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo to Yasmin about a month ago. I havent noticed a huge difference, but I have heard that it sometimes takes 3 months to see any improvement. I have never had any problem with hair loss though. I am also taking Solodyn from the dermatologist and Metformin for hormones from my endocrinologist. We'll see what happens..

I'm happy you've had success with yasmin. I, however, am not a big fan of it. It made my hormones very out of whack. My obgyn is putting me on Nuvaring instead. I begin in a week or two. He said it might also help with acne.. :pray:

I have been on Yasmin for like 3 years, it's a Godsend for my acne. I have the most beautiful skin now, and cannot go off of it, cystic acne is the most depressing thing I have ever gone through.

Good to hear the good things about yasmin. I started about 6 months ago, but i also started accutane around the same time so i cuold not quite tell which one was effective. But my course is over in less than 2 weeks and i am going to continue the yasmin in hopes it will help the acne stay away :angel:

I have been on Yasmin for like 3 years, it's a Godsend for my acne. I have the most beautiful skin now, and cannot go off of it, cystic acne is the most depressing thing I have ever gone through.

How long did it take before you got the skin you always wanted. :dance: Actually, dd is in her 4th month and doing much much better but still has bumps. She is also taking spiro. She could be clear within 6 months I suppose.

I was on Yasmin before, it worked quite well and I noticed I didn't break out as much.

However, I work crazy hours so I had to stop with the Yasmin. I could never be consistent.

I might have to consider using NuvaRing. *sigh I hope that doesn't make me break out.

Yasmin takes about 3 weeks for me to start clearing my skin, I would say by 4 weeks, my skin was crystal clear after starting it.

:D

How long did it take before you got the skin you always wanted. :dance: Actually, dd is in her 4th month and doing much much better but still has bumps. She is also taking spiro. She could be clear within 6 months I suppose.

Yasmin takes about 3 weeks for me to start clearing my skin, I would say by 4 weeks, my skin was crystal clear after starting it.

:D

Same here. It took about a month to start working and my hair loss about 6 weeks to start subsiding, but in my case it isn't enough. I still think I am shedding too much hair than normal for a day. I'm beginning to experience some change in my scalp this is why I am hoping for the Spiro after some testing gets out of the way. If Yasmin is somewhat helping anyone, but you are still not clear, I'll suggest getting on a low dose Spiro in conjuction with the OC and see how the combo helps.

Yea Boston50, give your daughter a couple of months. When it comes to hormonal treatments it takes a little while before the body starts settling to the medication and levels to become stable. How long into the Spiro is she?

Bratz - she's on her second month of spiro. So you think 6 months is a good goal to shoot for. I'm taking her to college this week so won't know too much for a while. :cry:

Bratz - she's on her second month of spiro. So you think 6 months is a good goal to shoot for. I'm taking her to college this week so won't know too much for a while. :cry:

Well, I'd say wait out the next two months and monitor her progress. If the inflamations are consistently getting smaller and smaller although she is still breaking out, keep her on it. If she is still getting the deeper type of pustules, I'd say don't wait out more than the 2 month period and talk to her doc and see about bumping her dose to the maximum. If she is the first case, she's on a good route, but it'll take her time to be completely clear. More than the two months maybe. The most important thing is not allowing the bumps to continously scar and if that's so--I'd say Accutane.