Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jskate

Gotta stop the oil!

I love the comfortable dry feeling after you cleans and apply BP. It just feels... well..like a normal dry face would.

I do not use moisterizer. All it does is make me feel uncomfortable for some reason. It feels as though I'm putting a mask on or some type of suffocating liquid on my face.

I've been plagued with oily skin for 4 years now. When I did the clear skin regimen, it helped with the oil, but just a little. I can actually FEEL the oil on my face about 2 hours after putting bp on. At one point in Block 3 (11ish) I poked the side of my nose with my pinky finger. I wasn't too surprised at what I saw, but it sure as hell lowerd my self esteem. My pinky finger was glistening with oil. What DID surpise me, was the fact that I didn't have it coming down like sweat. I mean, just a little more oil and I bet a drip of it would have rolled down my face. Warning: I could be over exaggerating since I'm really pessimistic when it comes to acne and face care.

You get the point though.

When I use a cloth or my clean shirt to whip it off I feel kinda embarrised, not only that but I also know its gunna come back again.

Now, does moisterizer work at all? I have Vaseline moisterizer and that feels really crappy on my skin. I dont wanna go accutane, since my acne is CLEAR (horray!) so it wouldn't be worth it.

of course moisturizer works, thats why its part of the regimen.

if your face is THAT oily, you might want to look for some special kind of oil control moisturizers, i know a couple of main brands make stuff for that, so you could give some of that a try.

I always questioned moisterizer mainly because that Vasaline kind is pretty bad. It makes it feel more oily, and when I put my finger on my face it kinda comes off. I havn't actually done a comparison with vasline vs no vasaline, but I definitly feel a difference.

Now, what kinda oil control moisterisers do you personally recomend?

It's ok not to use a moisturizer on the CSR if you get oily even after bp. Sunblock would be more important since bp makes you sensitive to the sun.

vaseline lotions/creams shouldnt be used with the CSR as it contains all random stuff that may irritate or make u greasy.

plus, when the sun comes out, you dont want some large reflection off your face now.

My face is quite weird as well... after applying bp my face gets very dry, and a bit flaky as well, so I moisturize... but the problem is that I get very oily skin after maybe half a day... it is just annoying... I hope it'll go over after some years...