Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Well, after going through this horrible phase where I had a TON of HUGE pimples (don't know what kind) on my temples, they finally went away, and left major red marks/brownish-red dots on my face. I haven' tried anything, but what would be good to put on my face to treat it? I just want them gone, they LOOK like pimples, but the surface there is flat, so they are definately not pimples, and it feels like normal skin, so they aren't even blackheads. What can I do about it?

Guest nec77
Posted

we are all trying to find the answer to that. i can tell you glycolic acid + vitamin c serum help but its not a very big imporvement... some people say putting lemon on their face helps. others say AHA lotion helps. some say Apple Cider Vinegar works. i dont know what to tell you, just look at the first few pgs and try each for awhile.

Posted

yeah, im about to give up on this website. Everything seems to work and really nothing I have tried from reading these threads has worked. If you want something to work, you have to be more aggressive like peels and lasers. From my experience, nothing topical has helped. And I have REAL redmarks, not brown ones.

Posted

^ I feel the same way, I used CSR which is great so I still stick with the CSR forum; but this forum is the worse ever, its like a whole forum of people who have home-made remedies that they swear work, but no one else can really back them up... of course there are some exceptions, but its been a hassle to toss out the garbage and actually find stuff that has some evidence.

Guest nec77
Posted

im going to have to pull a tap. i think we are just going to be forced to wait for them to go away. just try and stay clear.

Posted

yea i kinda doubt this forum. acv worked a little but aloe vera gel i think is what helped me alot. the thread starter always says "omg u must try this" then the thread gets filled up with questions that already have been answered which pisses me off because stupid lazy bitches dont read the thread first. anyway only the thread starter says they have had improvement and the other replies are never about improvement.

Posted

^ I feel the same way, I used CSR which is great so I still stick with the CSR forum; but this forum is the worse ever, its like a whole forum of people who have home-made remedies that they swear work, but no one else can really back them up... of course there are some exceptions, but its been a hassle to toss out the garbage and actually find stuff that has some evidence.

That's because time and your skin's healing ability are the only things that will heal your redmarks. Retinoids and exfoliants may speed things up a little bit, but your own body will be responsible for the bulk of the healing, but people don't realize this. (V-beam and more aggressive procedures are different...)

The best thing you can do is the healthy lifestyle thing to boost your body's healing. Vegetables, fruit, exercise, sleep etc. etc. etc.