Facials / Oxygen Th...

Notifications
Clear all

Facials / Oxygen Therapy

MemberMember
(@sf_chavez)

Posted : 08/29/2006 6:30 pm

A treatment option I wanted to share:

I started breaking out at 31. Went on Minocin and topicals that worked very, very well for years. I also used ProActiv. I was crystal clear other than the occasional mild breakout or pimple during my period. Now at age 37 the acne came back around jawline, lower cheeks, chin area.

I am going on Accutane, but while waiting for treatment to begin I've been doing acne / oxygen facials each week that have worked WONDERS on my skin. In fact, my skin tone is the best it's ever been and my breakouts are very mild. And this is only after 3 facials!

I would recommend finding a very good aesthetician -- this is IMPORTANT. Someone that knows what they are doing. My aesthetician uses the Karen Herzog line of oxygen products:

http://visagestudio.com/catalog/-m-11.html...407bdd41fcfaab7

I use the Mild Scrub, the Oxygen Face Cream and the Vita-A-Kombi-3. I cannot tell you how amazed I was when I realized this was working. And, to touch my skin... it feels like butter. It's truly astounding.

Weekly facials can be expensive and time consuming, so I am still going to try the Accutane. I'm hoping that the combination therapy will help my skin respond faster, heal faster, and perhaps I won't have to be on Accutane quite as long.

Bottom line -- try the facials and the oxygen therapy if you are able to do so. I highly, highly recommend it.

MemberMember
(@royalredus)

Posted : 09/03/2006 12:16 am

THANK YOU! My Mom was recommending I try getting a facial sometime, and once I can get this initial breakout under control a little, I think I might!

Glad you shared your success!

MemberMember
(@klvoe)

Posted : 09/08/2006 8:00 am

Anyone try the Oxygen Peel kit from philosphy?

MemberMember
(@sf_chavez)

Posted : 09/21/2006 1:58 pm

Once again I have to sing the praises of the facials. I'm on day 21 of Accutane (Clarivis, 40mg per day) and I've been getting weekly facials since 3 weeks prior to starting the medication. I have no dry skin... not one flake, no peeling, no redness. My lips are a bit drier, but that's about it. I think I got my "IB" two days ago (my skin was really clear for the second week on Accutane, but two days ago I broke out to where I started a month before the medication). Because of my facial last night and the extractions, most pimples are practically gone overnight and the remaining ones should clear in a day or two.

If you have the ability to get facials on some regular basis with someone that you trust, I highly encourage you to try it.

MemberMember
(@diamondgirl)

Posted : 09/21/2006 2:31 pm

I couldn't agree more about the oxygen facials.

I've had 4 of them, once a week... and it's worked very well.

I had cystic acne all over my face... and I found a great Esthetician who started the Oxygen facials on me last month. My forehead's cleared out, I break out less, my skin is a lot smoother and my face just looks so much calmer. I'd definitely recommend giving this a shot.

I'm going to write another post detailing what I'm doing and how it's helped me....

MemberMember
(@willow569)

Posted : 09/21/2006 2:32 pm

I have had great results with facials too - initially I was getting them every 2 wks, now that I am breaking out far less often, the facials are done about every 4-5 wks. It definitely helps keep your skin clearer and helps exisiting breakouts clear faster. I also agree that it is important to find the right esthetician - getting the right person makes all the difference. The esthetician I go to specializes in treating acne, so my results from her services and skin care regimen have been really good.

MemberMember
(@mskitty)

Posted : 09/21/2006 3:18 pm

I've been dying to get a facial, especially now that I am going to be starting tane. Where might I find a decent one in my area??

MemberMember
(@sf_chavez)

Posted : 09/21/2006 4:11 pm

I've been dying to get a facial, especially now that I am going to be starting tane. Where might I find a decent one in my area??

I'd ask your derm for a recommendation first (mine actually keeps aestheticians on staff). If your doctor does not have a recommendation, just ask around... perhaps ask friends that have problem skin or post the question on these boards to see if anyone living in your area sees someone on a regular basis. Try to find someone that does not work in a "spa"-type environment, but one that really focuses on solving problematic skin.

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 07/18/2013 11:20 pm

bump