Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dusta

Been on the regimen about a year now....

Hey there. I used to post quite a bit but since I started my job I have been good ie. no internet browsing (don't have a puta at home) so haven't posted in yonks. Sorry Dan.

Took about 2/3 months to clear me up. I suffered excruciatingly dry skin during that period, was totally horrendous. My skin very slowly adjusted, and thru summer (I am in southern hemisphere) I didn't have any issues with dryness. Also didn't have any issues with PIMPLES. Was totally brilliant, felt normal and non-teenagerish (I am 24) etc etc.

About 4 months ago I moved house and have a different schedule in the morning which involves cycling to work and having a shower at work. As a result I stopped doing the regimen in the morning. About 3 weeks ago this caught up with me and I got 5 zits at once :wall::wall: Was rather depressing and was about to run round in circles trying something else but no. Calm down I thought, obviously there is a reason for this, ie I haven't been doing the regimen properly for 4 months (surprised it took so long to catch up with me actually). So I went back to WAITING 15 min before bp addition and then moisturiser addition. I put MORE on, I put it on SLOWLY....you get the picture. I went back to getting a bit of dry skin around my mouth and stuff, but zits went down :D:D

So 3 weeks later I am again blemish free, I have also realised I was living with bumpiness on my forehead for the last 4 months which the regimen controls somehow, so that is good too. + the dryness has gone.

All in all, good story, I learnt my lesson, also found out I haven't been miraculously cured of pimples :rolleyes: I don't mind that though. Best thing is I don't mind looking people in the eyes instead of thinking "ARRRGGGHHH don't look at my pimples!!!! If I don't look at you do you promise not to look at my pimples????!!!!"

:D

Hey there. I used to post quite a bit but since I started my job I have been good ie. no internet browsing (don't have a puta at home) so haven't posted in yonks. Sorry Dan.

Took about 2/3 months to clear me up. I suffered excruciatingly dry skin during that period, was totally horrendous. My skin very slowly adjusted, and thru summer (I am in southern hemisphere) I didn't have any issues with dryness. Also didn't have any issues with PIMPLES. Was totally brilliant, felt normal and non-teenagerish (I am 24) etc etc.

About 4 months ago I moved house and have a different schedule in the morning which involves cycling to work and having a shower at work. As a result I stopped doing the regimen in the morning. About 3 weeks ago this caught up with me and I got 5 zits at once :wall::wall: Was rather depressing and was about to run round in circles trying something else but no. Calm down I thought, obviously there is a reason for this, ie I haven't been doing the regimen properly for 4 months (surprised it took so long to catch up with me actually). So I went back to WAITING 15 min before bp addition and then moisturiser addition. I put MORE on, I put it on SLOWLY....you get the picture. I went back to getting a bit of dry skin around my mouth and stuff, but zits went down :D:D

So 3 weeks later I am again blemish free, I have also realised I was living with bumpiness on my forehead for the last 4 months which the regimen controls somehow, so that is good too. + the dryness has gone.

All in all, good story, I learnt my lesson, also found out I haven't been miraculously cured of pimples :rolleyes: I don't mind that though. Best thing is I don't mind looking people in the eyes instead of thinking "ARRRGGGHHH don't look at my pimples!!!! If I don't look at you do you promise not to look at my pimples????!!!!"

:D

Hi, thx for your update, i'm glad you are doing fine.

Have fun :D

Dusta, I started the reg like a month after you I think, and it sounds like were on the same schedule. Right now I am going through the breakout period you were talking about. I too started slacking off, I was doing it about every other night, and only using 1/4 of a finger of OTS BP. I too have been breaking out all at once, it is really emarassing and quite the shock comming from clear skin to acne again. I am going to go get my ol' realiable moisturizer and start the reg again, the right way. What I am wondering is were you using a smaller amount of BP, and if so how did you ramp up again?? Thanks for your help and I hope you continue to do well from here out.

Haha yeah, that happened to me as well. You stay clear for so long you can't help but think "Hmm, maybe I've actually grown out of acne..." but you find out soon enough that you haven't :|

Ah well. *Huggles CSR*

yup, I had also been decreasing the amount of bp I put on, can't remember how much, but it was probably less than a 1/3 of my finger (of CSR bp) so that when I did start back with doing it properly I increased the amount and my skin went flakey cos of shock

wow...all of this is good to know. Thanks! It sucks to make mistakes, but my sharing it with others, you can help them avoid the same mistakes...

hugs

Yeah, reality is a mutha!!

You feel normal, so you start thinking you can start living normally and skipping the regimen, only to wake up weeks later with a couple of unwanted visitors on your mug.

I work a 9-5, then Im on the move working on music, then Im bartending as an independant bartender at various functions. So, my time is precious, and all I wanna do is SLEEP when Im not busy.