Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brioni

what moisturizer to use with differin?

and is anyone using one that contains glycerine as mentioned by labgirl in the sticky?

and when is the best time to apply it? i have differin gel to be applied at night, do i then wash my face in the morning and then apply moisturizer?

Thanks.

LabGirl81: An initial breakout can be controlled by using a topical or oral antibiotic in the first 12 weeks of treatment. After that you shouln't need as much bacterial control, since the pores aren't easily blocked and most of the comedoes will have resolved themselves. BP just irritates the skin and increases barrier damage. Moisturizing is crucial on a retinoid, since the epidermal barrier is compromised due to the thinning of the epidermis. A good moisturizer is one that contains about 3-5% glycerin. Glycerin is a great ingredient and really improves the barrier function of the skin, by filling in the extra-cellular matrix between the corneocytes ....and it promotes healthy desquamation of skin cells by drawing water into the skin from deeper dermal tissue and it is known to activate certain genes in the keratinocytes (just don't tell the FDA).

I used differin about 3 years ago.i put the differin on at night, and then in the morning, washed my face and applied moisturizer. The only ones i have really used in the past few years have been Clean and Clear dual action moisturizer and Cetaphil when my skin got really dry.

ok, cheers. i'll give that a look. i've only used Differin for a couple of days so far. i'll think i will wait and see if i get any results with that first before adding more things into the regime. i've found a moisturizer by Anthony - Glycerine Hand and Body Lotion which i don't think is really for the face.

I just hope that Differin does something for me - like dries out my skin!