Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Proximity

Flakes despite good moisturiser

Ok, right now I'm on the 4th week of CSR and despite the fact that my skin has considerably less acne it's unbearably dry.

I know that for a complete clearing you need to use a full finger of BP, but I can't seem to get past the half finger mark. Basically if I use any more than half a finger my face gets horribly flaky and dry.

I have the Eucerin Dry Skin Relief (5% UREA) but even if I put a lot of it on my skin, it becomes flaky again in like two hours (I can't just put more on every 2 hours :wall: )

I'm still hoping it's the "BP hardening effect" and my skin is getting used to the BP, but I'm starting to lose hope (in 4 weeks the skin should be well adjusted to the BP + even my redness subsided spectacularly, so it's just the dryness left).

So did anyone get rid of the dryness & flaking over time without using stuff like AHA moisturisers?

Oh yeah, I use:

Eucerin Toner

Dan's BP

Eucerin Dry Skin Relief

At first my skin was flaking for fun. It as funny at first but then it got silly!

But my skin just got used to it over time and eventually it just stopeed flaking completely. I don't use a moisturiser at all, and I still don't flake. I think Apple Cider Vinegar has helped a lot with the dryness.

Proximity, I got horribly dry too. Yesterday was the 1 month mark for me on the regimen and I've slowly been getting used to it, and I try to exfoliate every so often using the scotch tape method, or the baking soda scrub. Be gentle, regardless! If you need links to those threads let me know...

Hi, I will suggest you finding a gentle cleaser insted of the Eucerin Toner, I wil also suggest you trying another moisturizer - I know the Eucerin Dry Skin Relief works wonder for some on this forum but perhaps it just dont work with your skin.

I'll order Dan's cleanser today (I've been meaning to do this for a while now), but I really don't see how a cleanser will help my situation.

A toner actually moisturises the skin while a cleanser doesn't do this so for my dry skin a more logical option would be a toner (or perhaps both?)

I'm going to try the ACV, though I'm still hoping that my skin will adjust and be less dry over time....

I'll order Dan's cleanser today (I've been meaning to do this for a while now), but I really don't see how a cleanser will help my situation.

A toner actually moisturises the skin while a cleanser doesn't do this so for my dry skin a more logical option would be a toner (or perhaps both?)

I'm going to try the ACV, though I'm still hoping that my skin will adjust and be less dry over time....

A gentle cleasner will help you because it will not be drying like some stonger soaps would. Glad to hear you will try the ACV. It will balance out the pH of your skin and give you a better complexion overall in addition to moisturizing and exfoliating. Good luck!

Hey Proximity, I'm experiencing the same thing as you and I'm only on my 8th day. Neutrogena Oil-Free and Aveeno Ultra Calming moisturizers did the job during the first 5 days, but now it's very dry n ton of flakes. I was just about to try using microbeads scrub... that might irritate my skins though? Goodluck on ACV :).