Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
@narchy

New Regimen

August 28, 2006

So, after going on the csr regimen for about two months, i've seen noticable improvment to my face. Mainly, the smaller pimples and many less breakouts. It's all and good with the csr to the face, but my biggest problem now seems like the chest and back. They've always been a big problem, going to the beach is tough, have to wear rash guards, never taking your shirt off, things like that are a hassle. I tried using 10% BP "body soap" but that stuff really gets everywhere, i mean everywhere and it's really brutal to sensative areas. I decided after all this time to see the dermatologist, with one goal in mind 1.) GET ON ACCUTANE I really felt I was a good candidate, being that it's for more "serious" cases of acne.

However lo' and behold once I started talking to the doctor she described herself as an "accutane Nazi" and explained to me that she reserves it for what the fda calls "severe acute cystic acne" is what i think she said. So, after she schooled me on a little about acne ( I probably knew more than her from these boards ).. I went on her regimen. So here it is..

AM: 1.) Bp Wash(10%) face/back/chest 30 secs. + rinse

2.) Cleocin(apply and leave on)

3.) Take Minocyline(100mg antibiotic) (_-->>> she says this is the strongest stuff so becoming immune would be a big no-no (insert sadface here) _)

PM: 1.) Bp wash (10%) face/back/chest(_-->>> 10% BP TWICE A DAY TO THE FACE omg WtF! right? _)

2.) wait 15-20 mins. apply Differen to face(back/chest 2-3 times a week)

3.) Take Minocyline(100mg antibiotic)

In two months I go back, see another derm., she said if i'm still dead set on accutane, talk to him.

So from time to time, probably once, maybe twice a week i'll just do a quick post and review the slew of products she gave me, then i'll have to decide which way i want to take this! whhaaz.. hope it goes well..

August 28, 2006

So, after going on the csr regimen for about two months, i've seen noticable improvment to my face. Mainly, the smaller pimples and many less breakouts. It's all and good with the csr to the face, but my biggest problem now seems like the chest and back. They've always been a big problem, going to the beach is tough, have to wear rash guards, never taking your shirt off, things like that are a hassle. I tried using 10% BP "body soap" but that stuff really gets everywhere, i mean everywhere and it's really brutal to sensative areas. I decided after all this time to see the dermatologist, with one goal in mind 1.) GET ON ACCUTANE I really felt I was a good candidate, being that it's for more "serious" cases of acne.

However lo' and behold once I started talking to the doctor she described herself as an "accutane Nazi" and explained to me that she reserves it for what the fda calls "severe acute cystic acne" is what i think she said. So, after she schooled me on a little about acne ( I probably knew more than her from these boards ).. I went on her regimen. So here it is..

AM: 1.) Bp Wash(10%) face/back/chest 30 secs. + rinse

2.) Cleocin(apply and leave on)

3.) Take Minocyline(100mg antibiotic) (_-->>> she says this is the strongest stuff so becoming immune would be a big no-no (insert sadface here) _)

PM: 1.) Bp wash (10%) face/back/chest(_-->>> 10% BP TWICE A DAY TO THE FACE omg WtF! right? _)

2.) wait 15-20 mins. apply Differen to face(back/chest 2-3 times a week)

3.) Take Minocyline(100mg antibiotic)

In two months I go back, see another derm., she said if i'm still dead set on accutane, talk to him.

So from time to time, probably once, maybe twice a week i'll just do a quick post and review the slew of products she gave me, then i'll have to decide which way i want to take this! whhaaz.. hope it goes well..

September 2nd, 2006

Alright, well i've been doing the treatment just as the doctor ordered (well, sort of). Washing your back 1-2 times a day with 10% BP solution is pretty much impossible. I have however been washing my face with 10% BP solution twice a day, once in the morning, then again in the evening. After washing with BP in the morning i apply a topical, the "cleocin" only the label says "fougera" but i'm pretty sure it's the same thing. The fougera though really causes irritation, it has alcohol in it so it burns like you will not believe, especially after the 10% BP has been on your face. At night after washing with 10% BP again I apply the differin which has been surprisingly gentle. I thought that 10% BP to your face, twice a day, would be horrible. Although it is very irritating to the skin, and really leaves you with a permanent semi-sunburn, it has proven a very successful. When I was doing the CSR I think my skin more or less accomadated to the BP so that now i've been able to do 10% twice a day without any major flaking/peeling etc. -> i've been doing all this along with the 2 antibiotics a day of course <-

Anyways, the results have really been astounding. Even in this short period the acne on my face is nearly entirely gone, I credit some of this to CSR which I was on before and had begun clearing my skin, however; the results now are much more thrilling. My back which has been the biggest problem area, continues to lag behind my face in improvement, it has however been getting better, although not nearly as much. Most of my back's healing though probably is coming from the antibiotics and that of course has a limited time period in which it will remain potent in my body.

So in conclusion, for now I think that anyone out there considering moving up from a 2.5%, 5.0% BP solution to the full strengh stuff may actually be able to do so. I know "studies" have shown that the lesser BP is just as effective, but in my case this hasn't proven true at all. It is possible to use 10% BP on your face twice a day!

Congratulations on your great improvement! I just wanted to give you a little FYI. Fougera is the name of the generics manufacturing company that made your clindamycin phosphate. The brand name is Cleocin. In the future, your pharmacy may give you a bottle with another name on it and that looks different (like Taro, for instance). As long as it says "clindamycin phosphate lotion," you have the same exact thing.