Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RC58

Finally A GOOD MOISTURIZER!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all of u who have been going thru the process like myself of finding a good moisturizer to complete the CSR until dan comes out with his own version; U hav got to try this OLAY COMPLETE ALL DAY MOISTURE LOTION SPF 15. Its ligt, and non greasy. REMEMBER THOU, U MUST GET THE SENSITIVE SKIN VERSION. IT HAS ANTIOXIDANT VITAMIN E, SPF 15, 100% COLOR AND FRAGRANCE FREE, 100% PABA FREE, DERMATOLOGIST TESTED AND RECOMMENDED, ALOE LIGHT, NON-GREASY FORMULA, AND NON-COMEDOGENIC. IN MY OPNION, THE BEST LOTION SINCE EUCERIN AND IT MAY BE BETTER, SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!! IM TELLIN YOU EVERY ONE MUST TRY THIS LOTION INCLUDING DAN, BRANDY AND EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER TO GET THE SENSITIVE SKIN VERSION. A LITLLE EXPENSIVE AT ABOUT $9 DOLLARS A BOTTLE; BUT TRUST ME IT IS WORTH IT. THIS MAY BE THE BEST FACIAL LOTION FOR EVERYBODY WITH SENITIVE OR ACNE PRONE SKIN OR ANY TYPE OF SKIN FOR THAT MATTER. DAN'S GOING TO HAVE A HARD TIME LIVING UP TO THIS LOTION, TRUST ME! FINALLY A LEGIT LOTION FOR ALL OF US. :clap:

I can vouch, even if its a sales person lol. It's really good imo. I haven't used that many others to see how they stack up but I really like what I have. Iv only used the sensitive skin version. CVS has the generic version for 5 bucks. Pretty cheap

I used it two years ago while on Accutane, and it wasn't that impressive on my skins. I prefer Neutrogena or Aveeno products more.

It's called Olay Complete Care Moisturising fluid in UK. You can get the sensitive version in auravita for about £14 for 2, including delivery.

Might be a good alternative day cream to eucerin :)

OK! THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION ON YOUR MOISTURIZER, IT IS SO COOL TO SEE YOU HAVE SO MUCH EXCITEMENT FOR IT! I WISH EVERYONE TYPED IN CAPS, THEN I COULD GET ANNOYED AT EVERY POST, AND NOT JUST YOURS! YAY!

I tried that one because I was having a game night at my house and all of the females were using it at their homes. So I went out and got it and tried it for a day or two and it didn't take care of flakiness well enough. It did feel light though which was nice.

OK! THANKS FOR YOUR OPINION ON YOUR MOISTURIZER, IT IS SO COOL TO SEE YOU HAVE SO MUCH EXCITEMENT FOR IT! I WISH EVERYONE TYPED IN CAPS, THEN I COULD GET ANNOYED AT EVERY POST, AND NOT JUST YOURS! YAY!

hahha

this thread gave me a good laugh. but i do use the olay moisutrizer. at first it sucked cause i started to flake real bad due to the start of the csr. then i reduced the bp and only did it at night and i exfoliated all the dead skin flakes. now the moisturizer works pretty well.

haha i just bought 2 bottles yesterday. one bottle in spf30 for school.. cause its really hot. and one bottle spf15 for weather in SF thats unpredictable. this brand's sunscreen is actually my Holy grail sunscreen! they are the best. no matter what new stuff i try, i always run back to my olay.

Na Im far from a olay marketing salesman. Im just a regular old guy that suffered and still do with acne majortiy of my life. I was just excited about this lotion because I really do feel its good for our acne prone skin by it being so gentle but moisturizing at the same time. My bad for all the caps in my post, I was really excited at the time to get the word out. I really do want everyone to give it a try.

I used the Olay Complete Sensitive Skin With SPH15 for about four days a while ago and if you are on the CSR it does not moisturize at all. It will for the first minute and then your skin will fill dry and very tight after that. This makes a good SPF though, and since it has vitamin E it makes skin look nicer than the Cetaphil moisturizer. I am going to try the Olay Sensitive Skin Moisture Therapy Lotion very soon to replace Cetaphil, it seems like it will get the job done judging by the ingredients.

ok so basically i recommend using this after ur face is used to the dryness of the bp. because if u start this with the csr in the beginning it will not moisturize enough and it will make ur skin a little flakey. after my face got used to it i switched back to olay and it was sweet. it felt light and smelled good.

I tried that one because I was having a game night at my house and all of the females were using it at their homes. So I went out and got it and tried it for a day or two and it didn't take care of flakiness well enough. It did feel light though which was nice.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread here, but I just bought the moisturiser and thought I'd give it a quick review.

I have to agree with Dan here, the moisturiser does feel light (alot like eucerin, but slightly watery) and absorbs very quickly. The problem is that it doesn't help much on the flakiness. After 3 hours or so the flakes are completely visible and you will have to apply again to get rid of it.

When looking through the list, it does contains humectants (ie. urea, lactic acid, glyercin, which helps promoting the natural moisturising mechanism of the stratum corneum)

It however seems to be missing an effective emollient (for most cases, petrolatum/petroleum jelly which retains water by forming a barrier).

So this moisturiser works in an 1-way action, instead of a 2-way action of a good moisturiser.

Pros: CHEAP, feels light

Con: Doesn't effectively combat the flakiness.

Summary: I need a better moisturiser with SPF, recommendations?