Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jj3501

i don't know if i can tell my mom i wanna use makeup

well dude. when i first started gettin some acne and i was complaining about it my mum jsut said to me here put some of my concealer over it. i just kept doin it and eventually she just said fuck it im gonna buy you some.

Guest TylerD

so u really wear makeup. Does anyone ever commetn o n it??

IF applied right (like me I will apply for 20 mins) Nobody notices a thing. All it does is cover up the red marks and scars.

JJ, if my son would ask me for concealer to hide his acne, I would definitely help him without hesitation. Anything that can alleviate the stress of it all is worth trying. I am sure that your mom is not going to freak on you about it. Now if you ask for lipstick, that's a different story!!lol

good luck and think about it... the worst thing she can do is say no, right?

hang in there

i just use a concealer. i think its maybalene (however you spell it) oil free

you just have to get the right makeup. if you get one that doesnt match your skin tone than obviously people will notice. or one that is really oily in certain lights it will probably look like shiny spots on your face or somethin.

make sure it looks dry on your face and it matches your skin tone perfect. you might need to try a couple differnt tones untill you find the perfect match

really, i feel embarresed. i'm obviously a guy.

Actors wear makeup... I mean, I'm sure Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp use makeup. Don't feel embarrased if you are. Me personally, I'd rather not use makeup and just go out after putting on some bp.

really, i feel embarresed. i'm obviously a guy.

aww dont feel embarassed. its becoming more and moe accepted that guys wear makeup! Just tell your mum that your skin isgettin gu down and u would like something to cover it with. Im sure your mum will be delighted that there is something u can do to cover ur skin (although im sure it doesnt look bad)!

Just go to the store and buy it. Don't worry what the cashers will think because you'll nver see them again. When you get home, hide it behind your dresser or something.

If your mom asks how your skin cleared up, say, "Oh, I'm trying something new..."

Just go to the store and buy it. Don't worry what the cashers will think because you'll nver see them again.

The joys of those self service checkouts in Tescos........... ;)

Have to be quick getting it into your basket though - and hope you get the right one!! :D

You could also try getting the makeup that has acne-fighting ingredients in it. It might be a good transition for easing into "real" makeup. When I first started at 13 my mom was opposed to makeup (I'm a girl, I was just "too young") on her baby, but she made concessions for the ones that were to help my skin as well. I think I used some crap from Colosé that probably made my skin even worse, but pretty soon I was allowed to move onto concealer and more.

If that's too hard, just start with a tinted moisturizer. I warn you, however, that makeup addiction is a slippery slope. It's only been four years since I first wore makeup outside the house (well, with my mother's knowledge) and I now sell it, model it, and basically collect it. Be careful. :P

Just ask. If she says no, just buy it yourself (you're 14, I assume you have money), and if you're scared about checkout people when you're buying it, go somewhere where they have self checkout. My dad uses a concealer with resorcinol.

im a guy too and ive really been considering wearing make up because my skin seems to be getting worse, anyway the world is really gay today and its ok for guys to wear makeup, look at emos

When I use to wear it, I wore Dermablend.

It was so good covering. I went with my mom and I told her to sit in chair and I told the lady I was afraid of people thinking I was gay or something. So she said ok and took me behind counter and tried it on me.

thanks 4 the replies, i'm feeling a little more confident now, and to the fucker who called me gay, FUCK YOU!!!!!!! try having redness, red marks, and spots all over your face, so much you can barely see what's underneath.