Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soo

going to college in a few days...

So I'm heading off to college in a few days, and my face is ugly, terrible, bombarded with scars..you get the idea.

I'm petrified of sharing the bathroom and having people see me without any make-up on.

My wonderful and caring mother spent more than a thousand dollars on me to go to the derm, and while the breakouts are not as severe as before, the scars are still there. I stopped going cause I didn't want my mom to throw her money away anymore. Minocycline pills are expensive....wish we had insurance...

I went him to do something about the scars, but he gave the same bullshit excuse "There's nothing for the red marks...only time can fade them."

Now I'm seeing an acupuncturist...He's more caring than my derm who just raped and pillaged my skin with needles, scapels, and injections.

I met a guy through facebook. I put up a picture of me when I had semi clear skin, where you can't see any scars.. He thinks I'm pretty. The thing that's going to suck is that he lives in my dorm building, and I have to meet him. Boy, he's going to be shocked when he sees me..

I'm so sick of having acne. My cheeks are covered in scars. I swear, I don't know what I did to deserve this. I think I'm really pretty..but the acne just destroys everything.

In addition of having fears of dorming and starting college, I have to worry about my acne.

Im not gonna mince words its gonna be tough and your gonna have to prepare for the worst. Kids that age can be so cruel

yeah like you. U better hope this guy aint shallow. Scars aren't that big of deal though. Look at seal..he got heidi klum

So I'm heading off to college in a few days, and my face is ugly, terrible, bombarded with scars..you get the idea.

I'm petrified of sharing the bathroom and having people see me without any make-up on.

My wonderful and caring mother spent more than a thousand dollars on me to go to the derm, and while the breakouts are not as severe as before, the scars are still there. I stopped going cause I didn't want my mom to throw her money away anymore. Minocycline pills are expensive....wish we had insurance...

If you are going to a school with a health center (or perhaps a university with a medical school) you can usually get "mundane" things like acne (I know it's not mundane to you, but medically speaking it is) treated at a low cost, or if they offer student insurance, get it. It's usually offered relatively inexpensively.

Good Luck

weird...thats a strange word. I thought it was i before e except after c. this word is not folllowing the rules.

Yeah I nearly punched my english teacher in the face when I was told that. I was liek, "wtf, this is against the rules!!! argh!"

but yeah by 'lightsaber' I meant 'vibrating dildo' if you have ever seen that one episode of Chapelles show. Implying that infact your mother uses a vibrating dildo, finishing the punchline.

weird...thats a strange word. I thought it was i before e except after c. this word is not folllowing the rules.

Yeah I nearly punched my english teacher in the face when I was told that. I was liek, "wtf, this is against the rules!!! argh!"

but yeah by 'lightsaber' I meant 'vibrating dildo' if you have ever seen that one episode of Chapelles show. Implying that infact your mother uses a vibrating dildo, finishing the punchline.

right.......

HAHA, Dave Chappelle. Was it that episode that spoofed trading spouses where Chappelle acts as a black man in a white family and a white man in a black family? Haha, that was pretty funny. Sorry to get off topic.

I'm going to school in around 10 days (senior in high school) and I was hoping a lot of my acne would be "clean" over the summer. In fact, I think I didn't have any more cystic like buldges over my face but you can still see red marks/scars. We'll see in around 10 days and I'll make a post of my first day of school. :whistle:

Hey, don't worry so much about dorm life. More than half of the girls you'll meet have suffered or is suffering from acne. And don't be embarrassed about sharing a bathroom because most of them will have their own bp, proactiv, differin, whatever acne topical/pill you can name. It's really not going to be a bad experience because you're all adults and can handle the situation as adults.

As for the guy, if he's going to back away just because of your acne, then he's obviously not worth it. Do you really want a superficial coward who only cares about your look and runs away at the first sign of imperfection?

Anway, good luck! and have fun!

I was quite petrified of the same issues you're worried about when i started university last year and lived in on-campus dorms with like 250 other people. I was always self-conscious of my skin last year because out of all those people on-campus, i was one of few who had shit skin and i didn't consider it that bad at the time. But as time moved towards october last year and exams neared, my skin went MENTAL/INSANE. I seriously don't know how i survived such a difficult time in my life. I regularly cried myself to sleep etc. praying that god would please let me wake up the next morning with decent skin. Needless to say it has taken 10 months of high-dose antibiotics to clear my skin but the scars on my face and self-esteem/heart are more prominent than ever. My word of wisdom to you is just be yourself and not worry about all the products you have...most people in college dorms have all their own weird skin habits and are most probably using acne meds in some form too. Enjoy college life, it's such a blast and i met tonnes of amazing mates through that year. If only acne hadn't of ruined the latter stages of it. Oh well life's a bitch.

Last of all, have a blast!

one day we will all wake up and this has just been a big nightmare

lol. Crazy thoughts like this are the only reason I haven't knocked myself off already.

lucky i would be happy to just be done with highschool hell all though im not trying to say that ur situation is anything short of miserable but i would give anything to be out of highschool

I was quite petrified of the same issues you're worried about when i started university last year and lived in on-campus dorms with like 250 other people. I was always self-conscious of my skin last year because out of all those people on-campus, i was one of few who had shit skin and i didn't consider it that bad at the time. But as time moved towards october last year and exams neared, my skin went MENTAL/INSANE. I seriously don't know how i survived such a difficult time in my life. I regularly cried myself to sleep etc. praying that god would please let me wake up the next morning with decent skin. Needless to say it has taken 10 months of high-dose antibiotics to clear my skin but the scars on my face and self-esteem/heart are more prominent than ever. My word of wisdom to you is just be yourself and not worry about all the products you have...most people in college dorms have all their own weird skin habits and are most probably using acne meds in some form too. Enjoy college life, it's such a blast and i met tonnes of amazing mates through that year. If only acne hadn't of ruined the latter stages of it. Oh well life's a bitch.

Last of all, have a blast!

Aw. I worry that I'll break out like whoa in college. Like I know I'm going to eat like shit and have weird sleeping habits...My friend broke out bad when she went to college.

Sigh..I wish someone would just find a cure for acne.

lucky i would be happy to just be done with highschool hell all though im not trying to say that ur situation is anything short of miserable but i would give anything to be out of highschool

Yeah I'm glad I finished high school. I just wanted to start fresh with college but my stupid skin decided to be a dick and break out.

Don't worry, you'll be out sooner than you think.