Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GENERAL

A Complete Cure For Blackheads

My forehead was once covered in blackheads. Now, I don't have a single one. How did I do it? I used:

These aren't quack products or some wild formula devised by myself; each of these medications have been clinically proven to aid in either the reduction of sebum production or the sloughing of dead skin cells. When taken together, these potent medications leave little chance for unsightly blackheads and whiteheads to form. Try them. I guarantee that your face will be clear of blackheads within a month.

I purchased my Glycolic and Salicylic Acid from paulaschoice.com, but purchasing them from this site is not necessary. These acids are widely available, and getting them from a different source should have no bearing on their effectiveness.

My forehead was once covered in blackheads. Now, I don't have a single one. How did I do it? I used:

These aren't quack products or some wild formula devised by myself; each of these medications have been clinically proven to aid in either the reduction of sebum production or the sloughing of dead skin cells. When taken together, these potent medications leave little chance for unsightly blackheads and whiteheads to form. Try them. I guarantee that your face will be clear of blackheads within a month.

Congratulations on your success!

It would be extremely helpful if you could post your routine and let everyone know exactly how you used these products together.

These are very powerful active ingredients and can be tricky to use together, especially for people with sensitive skin.

BTW, the Paula's Choice products come highly recommended, as they are properly pH-balanced.

It would be my pleasure, LionQueen.

In the morning I wash my face and apply Salicylic Acid. If I happen to have the free time, I was my face again some time around noon and yet again apply Salicylic Acid. At night, I apply Glycolic Acid, wait 30 minutes, and then apply Tazorac. As you can see, it is a very simple procedure, yet it's very effective.

The added benefit of this routine is that both Tazorac and Glycollic Acid give your skin that youthful "glow" because they both exfoliate your skin.

Caution: you don't want to use both Benzoyl Peroxide products and Salycilic Acid together. These two together are too much for the skin, making it rough and dry in appearance.

A few questions:

Which form of Tazorac do you use and which strength?

Did you have any blackheads on your nose? If yes, do you have an oily nose that is oily after only an hour or two after washing?

Is Glycolic acid supposed to be a moisturizer? If not, do you use one?

I'm very interested because I have an oily nose with tons of blackheads that don't go away. Been on Tazorac for a week now.

thanx.

Edit: What cleanser do you use to wash your face (if any)?

I'm on the cream form of Tazorac at 0.05%.

Yes, I used to have a very oily nose that was constantly covered with this thick grease that made my fingers shiny when touched. The oily nose is no more after taking Tazorac for around a month, and following the routine as I laid out here.

No, Glycollic Acid isn't a moisturizer - it's for exfoliating the skin. I don't use a moisturizer; my skin is oily enough as it is.

Stick with the Tazorac! I can't say enough good things about it.

I wash my face with Cetaphil, but I don't think it's made much of a difference. I put more emphasis on the SA, GA, and Tazorac.

Hope this helps.

All acids prevent blackheads

You can buy combination acids like mix of azeliac acid, salytcilic and glycolic.

I just buy seperate azeliac acid and salycilic acid cheap.

I use as interim when mandelic acid bottle get over and waiting for new supplies.

Costs less than 20 dollars australian

Combination acid below very costly.

http://www.treatment-skincare.com/Active-I...elaic-Acid.html

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=107974

Can you use the glycolic with BP?

I know you said that you should not use SA with BP, but some people, like me can tolerate it. I've read that the SA actually helps the BP penetrate the skin better.

i use SA and BP in my regimen..

BP during the day and SA at night. i found that it's been working for me and am hoping to have clear skin soon.. however it may not work for everyone, and skin should be monitored carefully when using both in the same regimen.

how long must the SA or GA stay on the skin to be effective? i have neutrogena's pore refining cleanser which contains those ingredients, but its after all just a scrub cleanser. should i continue to use that or buy some OTC SA/Ga cream instead?

how long must the SA or GA stay on the skin to be effective? i have neutrogena's pore refining cleanser which contains those ingredients, but its after all just a scrub cleanser. should i continue to use that or buy some OTC SA/Ga cream instead?

A facewash with sa or glycolic is not going to have enough time to penetrate your pores and exfoliate within. I would switch to a milder cleanser and get a bha topical.

This is similar to what I've started doing.

I use BP if I get an acne spot, I don't apply it all over my face.

I use 2% SA acne pads and then apply 8% AHA cream. There are a couple products that include both, although not many.

My forehead was once covered in blackheads. Now, I don't have a single one. How did I do it? I used: These aren't quack products or some wild formula devised by myself; each of these medications have been clinically proven to aid in either the reduction of sebum production or the sloughing of dead skin cells. When taken together, these potent medications leave little chance for unsightly blackheads and whiteheads to form. Try them. I guarantee that your face will be clear of blackheads within a month.

My forehead was once covered in blackheads. Now, I don't have a single one. How did I do it? I used: These aren't quack products or some wild formula devised by myself; each of these medications have been clinically proven to aid in either the reduction of sebum production or the sloughing of dead skin cells. When taken together, these potent medications leave little chance for unsightly blackheads and whiteheads to form. Try them. I guarantee that your face will be clear of blackheads within a month.

What percent did you use for the SA? What about the GA? Does the Tazorac create an IB?

It would be my pleasure, LionQueen.

In the morning I wash my face and apply Salicylic Acid. If I happen to have the free time, I was my face again some time around noon and yet again apply Salicylic Acid. At night, I apply Glycolic Acid, wait 30 minutes, and then apply Tazorac. As you can see, it is a very simple procedure, yet it's very effective.

The added benefit of this routine is that both Tazorac and Glycollic Acid give your skin that youthful "glow" because they both exfoliate your skin.

Caution: you don't want to use both Benzoyl Peroxide products and Salycilic Acid together. These two together are too much for the skin, making it rough and dry in appearance.