Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nyc100

Unsure if I have cysts on chin...need advice!!

At the beginning of this summer I developed a large painful (what I thought to be) pimple on my chin...I have never had acne before and I very rarely got pimples, so I continued washing my face regularly and applying an over the counter gel that contained salicylic acid. I had before gotten one of these large painful red pimples on my chin and it took over a week to go away and left a red mark that stayed for quite some time...

So, this pimple cleared up, but left a large red mark. A few days later, I developed pretty much the same type of pimple. I treated it the same way, and subsequently, ended up with another red mark.

This same cycle of pimple, red mark, has continued the whole summer, each pimple developing on my chin. I Now, my entire chin looks like on large red mark.

Upon researching what could be the cause, I came across a picture of an acne cyst and I am praying that I do not have this condition, but I think it appears that I do. I am undergoing a lot of stress right now (as I am preparing to go away to college for the first time), but will these red marks ever clear up? and am I doing anything that is causing these cysts? Is it wierd that it keeps occuring on my chin??? Is it common among teens? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Maybe post pics, so it can be better identified.

If these bumps are big or even irritable, and it really bothers you, you should see your doctor if you haven't already.

How long do the red marks last? In the past I have had the same sort of pimples (I think but not sure) and the red mark left lasted many months (even as much as 6-8 months)

At the beginning of this summer I developed a large painful (what I thought to be) pimple on my chin...I have never had acne before and I very rarely got pimples, so I continued washing my face regularly and applying an over the counter gel that contained salicylic acid. I had before gotten one of these large painful red pimples on my chin and it took over a week to go away and left a red mark that stayed for quite some time...

So, this pimple cleared up, but left a large red mark. A few days later, I developed pretty much the same type of pimple. I treated it the same way, and subsequently, ended up with another red mark.

This same cycle of pimple, red mark, has continued the whole summer, each pimple developing on my chin. I Now, my entire chin looks like on large red mark.

Upon researching what could be the cause, I came across a picture of an acne cyst and I am praying that I do not have this condition, but I think it appears that I do. I am undergoing a lot of stress right now (as I am preparing to go away to college for the first time), but will these red marks ever clear up? and am I doing anything that is causing these cysts? Is it wierd that it keeps occuring on my chin??? Is it common among teens? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Yes, this type of acne can sometimes pop up unexpectedly, especially during times of stress....Go see a dermatologist, they can give you meds to help treat it..

As far as the red marks, they will fade, not to worry...perhaps your derm can give you a prescrip. for retin-a or tazorac- they help alot

Oh, and have fun in college!!!