Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tommy_boi

Changed Cleanser

I've changed my face cleanser now and a day later i'm coming out with lots of whiteheads which i dont normally get, could it be the change of cleanser not doing me much good or could it just be getting all the crap out of my skin maybe.?

I'm not sure, I suppose it is possible though.

But, I'm looking at your products in your signature, and it doesn't appear you are on the CSR. Are you not using any BP?

I'm not using any BP no, but my face was clear until i started using this new product, and the the next day i've got like loads of whiteheads, i did have a word with one of the guys on here and he said he probably isn't the new cleanser as it takes spots 2-3 days to form, and these new spots was on my face the next day after using the new cleanser, this is the cleanser i'm giving a trial, it has sodium chloride and sodium laureth sulfate in it so maybe that has caused my breakout, but most people say those ingredients are ok even though on the zerozits website there given a bad level grade for acne, but saying that the new CSR cleanser has one of the bad ingredients in it too, maybe i should just continue using and see how i get on.?

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details....mp;slmRefer=000

Same thing happened to me when I changed cleansers from The Basis Vitamin Bar to the CSR Gentle Cleanser. I just figure its my skin adjusting to something new. I don't think that dan's cleanser is going to continually keeping me breaking out forever.

I'm not using any BP no, but my face was clear until i started using this new product, and the the next day i've got like loads of whiteheads, i did have a word with one of the guys on here and he said he probably isn't the new cleanser as it takes spots 2-3 days to form, and these new spots was on my face the next day after using the new cleanser, this is the cleanser i'm giving a trial, it has sodium chloride and sodium laureth sulfate in it so maybe that has caused my breakout, but most people say those ingredients are ok even though on the zerozits website there given a bad level grade for acne, but saying that the new CSR cleanser has one of the bad ingredients in it too, maybe i should just continue using and see how i get on.?

http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details....mp;slmRefer=000

I'm more inclined to think that the discontinuation of Benzoyl Peroxide is what has resulted in the breakout.

Alot of people stop bp, and 'appear' to be fine, then within a week or two the breakouts start. One way to find out is to go back to whatever cleanser you were using before, if the spots go away, you can blame the new cleanser for this recent breakout. But if they continue, I think you should consider getting back on Benzoyl Peroxide.

I've never really used BP though, the new spots have only happened when i started using my new cleanser, i noticed the new spots the day after but i think this could be a coincidence, as i dont think the new cleanser would break me out so quickly, a week later yeah, but not a day later surely.?

Same thing happened to me when I changed cleansers from The Basis Vitamin Bar to the CSR Gentle Cleanser. I just figure its my skin adjusting to something new. I don't think that dan's cleanser is going to continually keeping me breaking out forever.

Perhaps you are sensitive to one of the ingredients in that cleanser.

could it be an allergic rash? or does it look like normal pimples?

You've never been on the CSR? I thought you had been.....

Nah these are proper spots, its not a rash, i've spoken to Dami4n on here and he said its very unlikely the new product would cause me to breakout the NEXT DAY, as spots take longer than that to form, that sounds logical to me, i think what i've gotta do is give it more time, i was on the CSR but only for a week or so and that was about 3 months ago.

Have your spots cleared up now from your initial breakout which you thought could be the new CSR cleanser, because if your still getting a breakout a week or so later then it could possibly be the new cleanser, but my breakout was a day later after using my new cleanser, which i think is too much of a coincidence, as spots take longer than that to form, and my new product is all these things, so it shouldn't be breaking me out.

My problem area is my cheeks and neck. Nothing on the forehead[so i do not apply bp or moisturizer here. just wash the area]. I started cleansing with dans cleanser, and my forehead broke out for the first time in years. Brokeout sometime shortly after starting to use the cleanser, nothing since. Acne still there, but still not going to apply bp to this area. Am not worried to much about it.

So your breakouts have stopped now then mate, i would use the CSR cleanser as i have a full bottle of it here, but its got nothing in it to fight spots, and i dont use BP, well i dont think it helps to fight spots unless i'm wrong here.?

depends on what you mean by fighting spots.

BP doesnt fight spots, it makes them stick around longer.

but there are ways to fight spots. A moisturizer with AHA really does the trick. I noticed a difference in about a week after using it, and my skin was becoming more even toned and my spots were going away quicker.

How does BP make spots stick around longer, i thought it was suppose to get rid of them, and what i mean by fight spots, is does the CSR cleanser help towards spots, by that i mean does it help prevent them by getting rid of the oil on your face for example, or does it just help because it cleans your face well, i dunno there just examples.?

no BP stops you from getting NEW spots. It keeps the spots you have now around a little longer. its just a negative side of the regimen, but most people would rather have no acne and spots than acne and no spots.

Well i'm very confused, i thought acne was spots, and spots are acne, i had this debate sometime ago in these forums, and i also thought continued use of BP cleared spots up, anyways do you think the CSR cleanser is anygood for people with just spots, will it help or do you have to use BP to clear your spots up.?

I think the confusion revolves around the word "spots".

I think people in the UK and possibly Canada, refer to pimples as "spots". While here in the USA, "spots" are what Dalmations have. ;)

Also, some people refer to "spots" as those little reddish pink areas that are left on the skin after a pimple heals.

Tommy boi,

do you have pimples, or the little pink area that is left when pimples are gone? Do you have ACTIVE acne? (active spots?). If so, Benzoyl peroxide should help clear them up and prevent new ones.

If all you have is the leftover hyperpigmented areas, those will fade in time, but you can use something like AHA to help exfoliate the skin and they will resolve faster.

Dan's CSR Cleanser is just a nice, basic, gentle unmedicated cleanser. It will not clear up acne, or spots, or whatever you want to call them. It basically just cleanses the skin gently.

To clear up mild to moderate acne, BP is your best bet, imo.

Hope this clears things up.

Yeah i do have active acne and pimples, but before i started using this new cleanser my face was CLEAR, so all i want really is the expert advice from the people from this board, to say if they think the new cleanser caused the breakout, or is it too early to tell if the new cleanser did or not, the breakout could have been on the way anyways, i've read that you should use a product for atleast 2 weeks or a month to see if its doing you good or not, and then you will see if the product is making you breakout as if they haven't stopped by a months time, then its gonna be the new cleanser, so i think i have just answered my own question, but do you agree.? :D

If your face was 100% clear, and then you used this new cleanser one time, and suddenly your face is covered in spots, then I am inclined to think that your skin is reacting to SOMETHING in that cleanser. Acne should not technically develop that quickly and profusely.

Did you discontinue something else in order to begin this new cleanser?

Was the previous product medicated to treat acne?

Could this breakout be a reaction to discontinuing the first product, rather than a reaction to the new product?

It seems to me that you are either sensitive to an ingredient in this new cleanser, or else you discontinued something that was keeping the acne at bay in order to start the new cleanser.

In either case, if it were me, I would go back to what I was using before that was keeping me clear.

Why did you even switch cleansers if your skin was perfectly clear before?

You have some good points there, but my skin wasn't 100% clear i'd say, i did still get the odd spot, but not as bad as i've had recently, the breakout could have been on its way for all i know though, if i had kept using the same cleanser i could have still got the spots, but who knows, i stopped using the other cleanser too as it wasn't doing my face much good as i did still get the odd spot and wanted a cleanser instead of a soap to use on my face, and yeah the other cleanser was for spots, but so does the one i've got now, i think i should continue using for another week, and if i'm still getting lots of spots, stop and got back to my old cleanser or try dans cleanser, i find when i use dans cleanser though my skin gets alot more oily than some of the products which dry out my skin more, which results in more spots if i have oily skin, am i right there.?

your guess is as good as mine Tommy boi, you know your skin best.

But just an fyi, there is nothing in Dan's cleanser to treat acne. It will NOt clear acne on it's own. That is what the BP is for.

You can certainly try the CSR cleanser, but don't expect it to do anything for your acne/pimples alone.

Good luck!

depends on what you mean by fighting spots.

BP doesnt fight spots, it makes them stick around longer.

but there are ways to fight spots. A moisturizer with AHA really does the trick. I noticed a difference in about a week after using it, and my skin was becoming more even toned and my spots were going away quicker.

Are you using NHSFL twice daily? I've been doing it nightly for the past 2 weeks, and just today started using it both morning and night. Also, do you still have active acne?

your guess is as good as mine Tommy boi, you know your skin best.

But just an fyi, there is nothing in Dan's cleanser to treat acne. It will NOt clear acne on it's own. That is what the BP is for.

You can certainly try the CSR cleanser, but don't expect it to do anything for your acne/pimples alone.

Good luck!

Ok then cheers, what did you mean by "fyi" aswell.?

sorry, fyi just means "for your information".

I just wanted you to be aware that Dan's cleanser is not medicated to treat acne. It is just a nice basic cleanser to clean the skin. The CSR gel is what treats the acne and clears it.