Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest been13years

B5 users

Guest been13years

Yeah, so I thought I was going to scrape by without an initial breakout, but I just bumped up to 4g per day and have 2 or 3 pretty big undergrounders coming up. My blackheads also seem bigger and...like they want to pop out of my face.

Is this good or bad? How bad was your initial breakout? For those who had severe initial breakouts how long did they last?

Yeah, so I thought I was going to scrape by without an initial breakout, but I just bumped up to 4g per day and have 2 or 3 pretty big undergrounders coming up. My blackheads also seem bigger and...like they want to pop out of my face.

Is this good or bad? How bad was your initial breakout? For those who had severe initial breakouts how long did they last?

I was on 6 g for about 2 weeks and now I've been on 10 g for 2 weeks, and I didnt have an initial breakout. I was taking a B100 complex for the first couple weeks, so I dont know if that inhibited the effects of the B5. But, that's my experience!

The first time round i just dived in at 10g and the initial breakout was pretty bad. Nasty red ones on my cheeks mostly. It was worth it now though :D

I took 10g straight away too, its the only way to properly attack the acne.

My initial breakout was pretty bad, especially on the forehead, but after 3 months it was over. Well worth it.

I've been on it for 9 weeks now, last week was one of the worse for me, a small breakout on the forehead (which hasn't happened for ages) and a few cysts around the chin and neck. I've also accumulated lots of white-headed spots on the chin since i've been on it. they just sit under the top layer of the skin and stay there, blocking my pores until i get a pin and squeeze them out.

I've been prescribed some Differin today so i will use that on my t-zone.

I was expecting dry skin by now, I will do 3 months but I don't see the point of megadosing B5 and having diarrhoea if my skin remains oily.

I've been on it for 9 weeks now, last week was one of the worse for me, a small breakout on the forehead (which hasn't happened for ages) and a few cysts around the chin and neck. I've also accumulated lots of white-headed spots on the chin since i've been on it. they just sit under the top layer of the skin and stay there, blocking my pores until i get a pin and squeeze them out.

I've been prescribed some Differin today so i will use that on my t-zone.

I was expecting dry skin by now, I will do 3 months but I don't see the point of megadosing B5 and having diarrhoea if my skin remains oily.

You're still getting diarrhoea after 9 weeks?!

afraid so and no noticable skin improvement yet either. i still only usually go once a day and i think the flax seed helps with that.

i might be one of the few this just isn't gonna work for.

I've said it to many people on here as it's what helped with me, but my personal experience with B5 was that if you added a B complex, or took a form of B5 which already contained the extra B vitamins, e.g. Vilantae, then it would reduce the effectiveness of B5.

My theory is that B5 actually works by making you deficient in one of the other B vitamins so by supplementing with the B complex or taking a B5 / B complex combination you are adding back what B5 is working hard to remove!

My initial advice would be to drop the B complex for a few weeks to see if there is any noticeable difference. As long as you're taking pure B5 I'm convinced you'll see results. Without the B complex my skin was 100% clear with no sebum whatsoever for as long as I took it.

Cheers

Craig

Oh, thats the first time i've heard this! i'll give it a try. thanks.

A lot of people are sceptical about what I say, but I've been experimenting with B5 megadosing for 4+ years so it's given me chance to understand the effects it has on me at least. Regardless as to whether my theory is right or not one thing I know is that whatever the cause a B complex will, in most people, reduce the effectiveness of B5 megadosing.

My current theory is B5 blocks a vitamin called Biotin from being absorbed into the body which causes a Biotin deficiency. Biotin is essential for health of the sebaceous glands so without it the glands shrink as they've got nothing to support them, hence the reduction in oil.

Most B complexes contain Biotin so all you are doing is adding it back into the diet. I could be completely and uterly wrong, but both B5 and Accutane are said to lower the effects of Biotin, and Biotin deficiency is said to cause dry skin.

Cheers

Craig

I never had an initial breakout...even when I took it with a b-complex.

But from personal experience, I've had bad experiences with B5 and urge people to stay away from it.

I love b5 with my life.

i had no break outs on it that were horrible, and now just after a whole month and a half of taking it , for the most part i am clear. I still break out but nothing big ... i might get three small white heads on my face and that is all. Also i don't have an oily face anymore. It's great, although i just ordered bp gel just to make sure i don't break out at all. My only problem is i like to pop anything on my face so i end up with a face filled with spots. but otherwise b5 didnt really break me out at all.

maybe i was just lucky

well.. i had never heard of an initial breakout.. but this would explain alot. . So although im on a raw food diet i still break out... wtf right.. so now im adding in the b5 megadose. its been about 2 weeks... at first it was great.. can't really tell if it was the b5.. but now im getting the little red bumps. esp. on the forehead.. but nothing too bad.. so does it really take up to 3 months for this to stop??

Since im on the raw food diet i eat extremely healthy and eat tons of fruit. What foods containalot of biotin?? anyone know? i should avoid these..

well.. i had never heard of an initial breakout.. but this would explain alot. . So although im on a raw food diet i still break out... wtf right.. so now im adding in the b5 megadose. its been about 2 weeks... at first it was great.. can't really tell if it was the b5.. but now im getting the little red bumps. esp. on the forehead.. but nothing too bad.. so does it really take up to 3 months for this to stop??

Since im on the raw food diet i eat extremely healthy and eat tons of fruit. What foods containalot of biotin?? anyone know? i should avoid these..

I don't know for sure that it's Biotin but at the moment it's my best guess based upon the research into B5, Accutane and Biotin itself. Personally I was megadosing around 8 - 10g of B5 and had pure, clean skin while on that dose. As soon as I added the B5 complex or took a B5 supplement that already contained the B complex my skin got oily again. I even tried taking Biotin on it's own and that really made things worse so I'm fairly sure based upon my own experience that Biotin has some effect on the sebaceous glands.

My advice to anyone B5 isn't working for or isn't working as well as you'd hoped, is to check your dosage and make sure you are taking enough. It took 8 - 10g for me to be 100% clear. Make sure you don't take a B complex or a brand like Vilantae that already contains the extra B vitamins, and finally give it time. It should be at least a month before you see results but it'll be worth it.

The above worked for me, and it's worked for other people I've suggested it to. The only reason I stopped is because I started losing my hair to MPB which B5 seemed to aggravate and I'd sweat a lot more than usual.

Cheers

Craig

check your dosage and make sure you are taking enough

do you know a good way of measuring out 10 grams of powder? the kitchen scales i've got won't go that low. I have read that 1 teaspoon is 3 grams but i'm not so sure, i don't know how heaped that would be. i think 1 teaspoon is 2.5 grams so i'm taking 4 a day.

go to a head shop... you know where they sell pipes and bongs.. they have scales like what you need? Where do you get powder B5?? try egbay too for the scales.

lol awesome. well there ain't many of those type of shops about in the English countryside. i do get the powder from ebay. i've now read that 1 teaspoon is 5ml which = 5 grams. that would mean i'm taking 20+ which i know i'm not. the tub is 300g for 30 days supply and there was still a weeks worth left after a month so i've been taking under 10 grams. i'll try and sort something out.