Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So at this point, my skin has cleared a lot thanks to diet and I don't have nearly as many pimples as I did before. I'm considering finally eliminating BP from my regimen. I've noticed as of late that the pimples I still have are in places that become rather dry due to the BP. Any suggestions as to elements I could add to my regimen to replace the BP. I need something to reduce my oil (biggest issue) and spot treat/prevent pimples without completely trying my skin out.

Also, I was thinking about this earlier. After using Accutane, do any of you know of anybody who has taken elevated yet non-lethal levels of Vitamin A to maintain the results?

Thanks a lot :)

--Tiff--

I'm not an advocate of taking high amounts of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A. The most popular method round here for reducing oil is B5 which is Pantothenic Acid. It works really well for a lot of people for that. But again I wouldn't do that long term

What I have found that works pretty good while giving you a host of other benefits is coconut oil. 2 Table spoons a day.

It doesn't make your face stop producing oil, but it does seem to reduce oil production to a far more acceptable level.

For me my face used to produce oil all day long no matter what. After taking coconut oil my face only seems to produce enough to act as it's own moisturizer, then it stops so that's good.

Also my face used to always be irritated and red (from excess oil), perhaps a bit swollen. I still get breakouts everyonce in awhile, but since on the coconut oil my face doesn't get red or iritated.

BP never worked for me at all whatsoever

You seem to be at the same place I was some time back. I used Proactive for yeeeears and it controlled but did not stop my acne. When I went to Asia and noticed how a diet free of dairy, sugar and high GI cards had cleared my skin I knew I'd never use BP again. My skin is so much softer, smoother now without it. It looks and FEELS healthy.

When I got off Proactive for the first few weeks my skin seemed to go crazy. Read up on it, found quite a bit of people get that. It was as if it was not used to functioning without the chemical application. I stuck it out and my skin calmed down. I use nothing on blemish treatment other than Aloe vera gel on any marks if I eat something crappy. It works great. If I have an open wound from a blemish I apply a dab of pure vodka with a Q-tip.

EDIT: coconut oil is great to add to your diet as well as the post stated above, its so taste too

I'm not an advocate of taking high amounts of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A. The most popular method round here for reducing oil is B5 which is Pantothenic Acid. It works really well for a lot of people for that. But again I wouldn't do that long term

What I have found that works pretty good while giving you a host of other benefits is coconut oil. 2 Table spoons a day.

It doesn't make your face stop producing oil, but it does seem to reduce oil production to a far more acceptable level.

For me my face used to produce oil all day long no matter what. After taking coconut oil my face only seems to produce enough to act as it's own moisturizer, then it stops so that's good.

Also my face used to always be irritated and red (from excess oil), perhaps a bit swollen. I still get breakouts everyonce in awhile, but since on the coconut oil my face doesn't get red or iritated.

BP never worked for me at all whatsoever

Wow I had actually never heard of coconut oil helping with that but that's a really great tip. Thanks :)

When I got off Proactive for the first few weeks my skin seemed to go crazy. Read up on it, found quite a bit of people get that. It was as if it was not used to functioning without the chemical application. I stuck it out and my skin calmed down. I use nothing on blemish treatment other than Aloe vera gel on any marks if I eat something crappy. It works great. If I have an open wound from a blemish I apply a dab of pure vodka with a Q-tip.

Yet another couple of great tips.

how much coconut oil do you use a day, nickles? and have you tried it on your skin?

ACV is good on the face too