Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

does anyone here believe acne is related to food ?

'cos my mom, the self-proclaimed food guru, insisted that my bad skin's due to my healthy diet of Ben&Jerry's and Hagan Daz ... which i say is absolute nonsense...

who here's ready to second her opinion on that?

: )

i honestly dont think is does. i think health in general could help your skin, but eating some ice cream isnt gonna give you a breakout.

Poor diet will affect you more through its correlation to poor health than anything itself. If you want to how evil ALL food is for your skin, go to the Diet section of this forum. There people insist acne is a result solely of diet. They're nuts. If you eat a healthy diet and live a healthy lifestyle, you're good. If you only eat ice cream, yeah, it is contributing to your acne through its normal ill effects upon your overall health.

ice cream is a dairy product and those things are full with hormones or aritfical hor mones

ice cream is a dairy product and those things are full with hormones or aritfical hor mones

Ben & Jerry's does not use hormone'd up cows.

Anyway.

Whenever I eat icecream, I break out. Certain foods do not mix well with me. It's not fair that I can not eat Chunky Monkey or Cherry Garcia without consequences.

Dairy has hormones and antibodies in it that are not healthy for human beings. Dairy is for calves, not people. Drink soy milk or goat in milk in place of cow milk if you are going to drink milk at all.

Food will affect your acne. Though, I wouldn't say that poor diet per se causes acne, but likely contributes to the occurence of outbreaks. Try a diet of no red meat, dairy, processed foods, fried foods, chocolate, refined grains, oils, fats, etc.. especially processed foods and dairy. Eat a lot of fruits, vegetables, chicken, fish, and nuts. Poach, bake, and grill instead of frying.

i dont care what ben and jerrys is made out of its a dairy product and wich its milk and no matter what for me if i eat or drink anyhting that is dairy i break out im speaking out of my own personal expeiernce

diet effects acne in a very very small way imo.

if you really think that then you're in for a long long road

I quit eating dairy foods (including lots of ice cream!) when I was diagnosed with IBS. My acne has not improved since then.

acne has nothing to do with what i eat. i can eat junk food and there is no difference from when i eat fruits and vegatables.

'cos my mom, the self-proclaimed food guru, insisted that my bad skin's due to my healthy diet of Ben&Jerry's and Hagan Daz ... which i say is absolute nonsense...

Easiest way to convince her one way or the other is to give up dairy for one month. Take before and after pictures and compare. Chances are you wont see much of a difference, if any at all.

I stopped consuming dairy due to lactose intolerance several years ago....if there was any difference in my skin once I did, it wasn't a significant enough change to take notice of.

I don't see any connection whatsover.

I think the only people that think that there is a connection are those who get a pimple once in a blue moon and then they go like "oh my God, I ate chocolate yesterday, I need to stop" Nevermind my face was full of zits, I guess I ate the whole box. It annoys me so much. it's just ignorant.

I'm kinda torn.

My friends, with ABSOLUTELY PERFECT skin, eats the worst foods you can think of. This isn't just one person, but multiples.

I do think though, that you're doing yourself a favor by drinking alot of water though.

Easiest way to convince her one way or the other is to give up dairy for one month. Take before and after pictures and compare. Chances are you wont see much of a difference, if any at all.

I don't see any connection whatsover.

I think the only people that think that there is a connection are those who get a pimple once in a blue moon and then they go like "oh my God, I ate chocolate yesterday, I need to stop" Nevermind my face was full of zits, I guess I ate the whole box. It annoys me so much. it's just ignorant.