Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
betti320

Warts and retin A

I took my son to the derm today he's only 8 and he has two warts on his face, I was really surprised that

he gave him retin a to put on them, he did freeze them and then said to rub retin a on them everyday. Has anyone else done this before?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place I didn't know where to put this question.

I have heard that retinoids can help to get rid of warts and accutane (a retinoid like retin A) has almost completely gotten rid of mine.

Really Kristen? I have been suffering with warts for over 5 years on the inside of my right leg and i have 1 more month to go on accutane.. i had a big outbreak of them 1 month ago and i got them all frozen off... now i havent noticed too many come up.. the derm says that there is a good chance accutane will get rid of them... hmmmm :think:

I hope!

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

When i got a wart on the heel of my foot (about 12 years ago) i placed a square of banana peel, inside part onto the skin, and attached it with a band aid. Wart went within a few weeks. Just got all spongey and fell off.

The Retin A probably restores the wart infested cells back to thier original state. Or maybe it just dries it out big time.

ha i also tried that with the banana, sadly it didnt work, mine just went away eventually. warts are nothing compared to acne, not on ur fucking face for a start lol

Sounds to me that the derm is taking precautions against them coming back. Retin a promotes to sloghing off of skin cells, so it will probably get rid of any of the remnants of the wart virus. I had mine frozen off, but they came back. Hopefully, after accutane, they wont!

hrmmm never knew retin a could help warts! do you think tazorac would work too? i have 2 warts.. one on each of my big toes =[

the derm froze them too and I'm applying the retin a twice a day they look dried up hopefully they'll fall off soon for him. :razz:

I'm sure they will, it sounds like it will work! I wish my derm would've told me to put retin A on mine after he froze them off!

It's been four days since the derm froze my son's warts, I've been putting the retin A on them 2x a day and they are getting smaller thankfully! I'm amazed how well this is working for him.

I got Retin A because I want to fight ageing, I still have good skin actually but I'd like to keep it that way. I cannot believe the difference in my skin in one week. ONE WEEK.

And, about your son, I had this thing on my face that some dermatologist wanted to excise with a sledgehammer, it had gotten so big (it was on my upper cheekbone below my eye) I could look down and see it. In one week, it is nearly gone, and I cannot believe it. It's like it never existed. I was very reluctant to get it operated on and am very pleased to see it nearly gone. I think my skin glows brightly now.

:)

my 20 year old son had over 60 warts on his hands. After 8 months and 1000.00 to treat them they were no better. He also has acne, so after looking at this site, i decided to try the accutane. He started July 13th, by August 20 his warts were completely gone!! All of them, no scars, except where the derma froze and lasered them. His hands are beautiful and his acne is on the way out. He made it thru the awful first 6 weeks and each day is better. Only side effects are painful knee and toe joints. I don't know why they don't prescribe accutane for warts. If my son had not had acne he would still be covered with those things.

Thank you so much for posting YOUR results so that others like me have hope.

Lynda

I got Retin A because I want to fight ageing, I still have good skin actually but I'd like to keep it that way. I cannot believe the difference in my skin in one week. ONE WEEK.

And, about your son, I had this thing on my face that some dermatologist wanted to excise with a sledgehammer, it had gotten so big (it was on my upper cheekbone below my eye) I could look down and see it. In one week, it is nearly gone, and I cannot believe it. It's like it never existed. I was very reluctant to get it operated on and am very pleased to see it nearly gone. I think my skin glows brightly now.

:)