Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thatbiggbadwolfy

B5 aggraving acne? Is this possible?

It's been 2 weeks with B5, and I doubt the purging period takes this long. Now, I have more acne than before when I started B5. Are any of you getting this anomaly? If this is the case, then I should just discontinue B5 and use the panoxyl BP that was healing my skin

Guest ThereIsHope

I've been on it for a little over 2 weeks now, and just had the initial break-out. Before though, I had hardly broken out at all! Now i'm really depressed. :( I'm gonna stick with it though.....

give it some more time i guess. i did b5, it took like 4 months to clear me, then worked for about 4 more months and then stopped working all together. it never cleared me all the way but it controlled it nicely when it worked. i'd say give it alot more time though.

plus, you never know what that breakout is from, it could be from something else besides the b5.

apparantley b5 can make dorment blockaes in your skin come out therefore causing more spots at first. I have been using it for 2 months now and have only started seeing an improvement in my skin over the last week or 2.

have you read anything about b5? it takes about 2 weeks to start affecting you. if anything, you are just beginning the purging stage.

stick with it though, and you mighit as well use the panoxyl bar WHILE you are using b5. i dont see why you wouldnt, if it helps.

If anyone doubts that B5 is working or worsening your condition...then just discontinue it, simple!

for the first week of b5 i took a graduated dose of 1 grm up to 4 grams, which cleared me up completely.

im on week 3 of taking a 5 gram dose of b5, been breaking out alittle here and there, but the pimples are noticably smaller in size. just gonna stick with it and see how it goes.