Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

BP Bleaching your hair?

On the back of the BP, it states, at the bottom line of the warning area that "This product may bleach hair..."

Has it bleached your hair? I ask because I also apply this near my hairline and a little bit always touches the hair. I was wondering, over time, will it bleach... or are they saying within a day? If so, I can see it as a problem in the future... since the hair grows out and it will make it white while the rest of my hair is black. Or is it just a fading of the hair?

Is it safe to assume that if my hair hasn't changed any color (to white, or faded to a lighter brown) that it won't bleach my hair? (To the part that got the BP)

On the back of the BP, it states, at the bottom line of the warning area that "This product may bleach hair..."

Has it bleached your hair? I ask because I also apply this near my hairline and a little bit always touches the hair. I was wondering, over time, will it bleach... or are they saying within a day? If so, I can see it as a problem in the future... since the hair grows out and it will make it white while the rest of my hair is black. Or is it just a fading of the hair?

Is it safe to assume that if my hair hasn't changed any color (to white, or faded to a lighter brown) that it won't bleach my hair? (To the part that got the BP)

It hasn't bleached my hair, but then again, I have black asian hair.

I think they put that as a precaution because BP is also used to bleach hair and whiten teeth (it is a powerful bleaching agent). However, I think products that intend to bleach hair or whiten teeth use higher concentrations of BP.

So what do I think? I think your hair might get bleached a little but not noticeably, especially if you are using 2.5% BP as recommended by CSR.

Hi,

My hair is black and I can clearly see that my hair has been bleached in front. It seems to be the strands that touch my face when the bp is still not taken into the skin. For me however, it isnt a problem it just seems like I have bleached it on purpose.

Cheers

Hi,

My hair is black and I can clearly see that my hair has been bleached in front. It seems to be the strands that touch my face when the bp is still not taken into the skin. For me however, it isnt a problem it just seems like I have bleached it on purpose.

Cheers

Do you use the 10% kind, or the 2.5%? Also, may you tell me your ethnic origin?

It hasn't bleached my hair, but then again, I have black asian hair.

I think they put that as a precaution because BP is also used to bleach hair and whiten teeth (it is a powerful bleaching agent). However, I think products that intend to bleach hair or whiten teeth use higher concentrations of BP.

So what do I think? I think your hair might get bleached a little but not noticeably, especially if you are using 2.5% BP as recommended by CSR.

I am also asian, actually Indian, so I am assuming it won't bleach mine either. I am using the 2.5% as well so I hope it is fine.

It has made my eyebrows lighter. Oh well. And when i was getting a haricut my hair cutter told me i had a little bit of grey hair near my sideburns, but i knew it was from the bp! She said it looked cool.

I am of part indian ethnicity and part european. I use Dan's 2.5% BP formula. I guess it depends how much BP actually touches your hair, and I assume this would increase with hair length.

Cheers

It has lightened the fine hair around my face, but it doesn't look bad...it's just a little lighter than my medium-dark brown hair. It doesn't look bad at all. I wouldn't have even noticed a difference if I didn't know it can happen with BP. I do get some BP on my eyebrows but it hasn't lightend them at all. I think that hair there is too coarse to be affected by the BP. Just for comparison sake: I use 2.5% Clear Skin Regimen benzoyl peroxide and I am caucasian with fine hair.

i had this problem, too

it bleaches my hair at the very front, but it doesn't look bad, just looks like i have highlights and people have said they like it

It has not bleached my hair and when i apply BP it almost always end up touching my eyebrows and sometimes it has to because i get a pimple there. The only thing BP has bleached are my clothes and towels :(

Ya, it's becoming a problem. It's also aging my skin, fast! I can already see wrinkle lines and really rough dry lines that I've never, ever had, even after cream application. It's also getting darker, and the spots I had keep staying there, it's really odd. For some reason, it's harder to control than I thought.

It feels as though even though we may be on the road to clear skin, we may not be on the road to healthy skin. That is what I am afraid of.

i had this problem, too

it bleaches my hair at the very front, but it doesn't look bad, just looks like i have highlights and people have said they like it

i used to used BP before my acne went outta control. it looked so cool wit it like it.

Ya, it's becoming a problem. It's also aging my skin, fast! I can already see wrinkle lines and really rough dry lines that I've never, ever had, even after cream application. It's also getting darker, and the spots I had keep staying there, it's really odd. For some reason, it's harder to control than I thought.

It feels as though even though we may be on the road to clear skin, we may not be on the road to healthy skin. That is what I am afraid of.

I had that too because I was using 10% BP .. my suggestion is using apple cider vinegar as a toner. It balances the pH of your skin and gives it alot of nutrients. I have a thread in my siugnature all about its benefits and many ppl are benefiting from it, they also no longer have oily skin or they have very little.

I had that too because I was using 10% BP .. my suggestion is using apple cider vinegar as a toner. It balances the pH of your skin and gives it alot of nutrients. I have a thread in my siugnature all about its benefits and many ppl are benefiting from it, they also no longer have oily skin or they have very little.

That is very fascinating. I am glad you pointed that out, I'm always up for trying it out. How did you find out about it?

My natural hair color is very fair and I dyed it a dirty blonde a few months ago. It looks like I needn't have bothered with my eyebrows, because they're getting bleached again with the BP. <_<

I think I am now noticing this because my natural hair is too light to really see much of a difference: perhaps it's been bleaching the whole time (I've used BP for several years) or maybe I've just gotten really messy and clumsy.

Guest Michael Jackson

I have a pic in my gallery that show the bleach job.

I have black asian hair and frontish turns blonde in light and people say it looks cute and ask if i dyed it.

Regarding the topic in question, I've used BP in the past, often applying near my hairline - yet nothing. Clothes however, is another story!

It lightens the baby hairs around my face just a touch. No one can even tell except for me.

If it matters, I'm Caucasian + a little Native American thrown in for spice...

I have medium reddish brown hair (dyed) with a very dark brown color underneath. I have used BP products off & on for 7 years & have never had it bleach my hair or eyebrows, or clothing, or towels, or pillow cases.

I know a lot of people who use a headband when they wash their face to keep their hair back. I've done this when I dont want to get my bangs & hair wet at all (sometimes I just clip it back). They make towel-like headbands for this reason. Try placing a headband at your hairline to cover your hair & reduce the amount that's exposed to BP. Only the little baby hairs should dis-color then...not so bad.

I've never seen the BP bleach hair, but BP will bleach clothing!. I have several shirts that now have a "white collar." Oh well, I'll just have to be more careful.

Recommendation: Don't pull your shirt over your head until the BP is completely dry.