Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

Are there any red marks, dark purple marks, etc that cannot be removed by a procedure such as vbeam? I know someone in another forum said they had red marks for 12 years and someone said they may not be red marks and may be scar tissue. If he had it I am sure I have red scar tissue marks as well because mine is very severe. Does vbeam get rid of that scar tissue that seems to be a red mark? If not, what will get rid of it? Or, is it something that can't be fixed? Are there any discolorations (mostly red and purple) from acne that can't be fixed? Are there any that can't be fixed by vbeam?

Posted

any help?

Posted

?

Posted

The "red marks" left behind from acne scars are a result of tiny broken capillaries at the site of the healed acne lesion. This redness is more common to "newer" acne scars and is hard to conceal, making the evidence of acne more pronounced, even after it has healed.

Lasers which target these broken capillaries cause the small vessels to coagulate and be reabsorbed by the body. This effectively removes the redness. V-Beam is commonly used for the treatment of red acne scars, stretch marks and keloids, which are thickened scar tissue. It is also useful in treating the redness and broken vessels in the skin caused by Rosacea.

Not sure how bad your scarring and red marks are but you should visit http://www.totalderm.com/pages/acnescar.html as they have lots of information on prices and success rates. They also have some before and after pictures.

Posted

First and foremost, remember to stay out of the sun. UVA and UVB rays will make these scars/marks more red. Surprisingly, I think bright indoor lights or stadium lights can hurt it too since they might have UV bulbs. Be sure to wear a good UVA/UVB protecting-sunscreen daily and wear a hat if you go outside. It might be beneficial to avoid the sun at all costs if you have red scars/marks. Besides, avoiding the sun will prevent a lot of wrinkles too.