Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
grapesrgood

glycolic acid

where can i get glycolic acid? is it only prescription or can i get it at my local store like walmart, pathmark, shoprite etc. please somebody help cause i googled this topic and i couldbt find where to get it.

What kind of glycolic acid do you mean? What strength? You can find fairly mild peels, or even milder lotions at the grocery store or pharmacy.

if you want 10% you will unlikely find it in a pure form, but there are lots of moisturizers and other products that contain that percentage

i think neutrogena healthy skin conains 10% and everybody from what i hear is very happy with it

also try paula's choice, i think they even make 10% toners

or, if you don't find anything, try this at home trick

GA is semi-soluble with water, so what you can do is buy a 30% (try puredeming.com) and mix it with water (2 parts water, 1 part ga if 30%), not the whole substance, just the amount you need for 1 application, mix or shake vigorously and soak a cotton pad in it with which you will put it on your face immediately after mixing

you don't have to rinse that one

good luck