Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zit

Foods making me break out

Hi i would like to ask a question

I have been on Dans gel regimen for 2 weeks and it was working really well until yesterday when i broke out with 7 pimples.

I ate 4 pieces of pizza and 2 milk shakes.

Now my questions is, could this break out be from the food i ate the day before.

They say it takes 3 weeks for a pimple to form.

So could eating really oily and bad food the next day break me out the following day ?? or are these pimples from the previous 2 weeks that just came out.

Could the bad food of made the pimples come out faster ??

Also the Resigme says there is a small break out on week 2 maby that is it

Any help would be good.

Hmm, They say there is no relationship between food and acne, but I swear, whenever I drink soda from a fountain as opposed to the can, I break out the next day. I think for some people there are some foods that just do that to them. I never had a problem with pizza, chocolate, ice cream etc.

I just feel really upset cos it was going really well then i broke out with so many pimples. I just want to really need to know if it was an expected breakout from using the BP or it really was the foods.

I have been on Dans gel regimen for 2 weeks and it was working really well until yesterday when i broke out with 7 pimples.

Now my questions is, could this break out be from the food i ate the day before.

So could eating really oily and bad food the next day break me out the following day ?? or are these pimples from the previous 2 weeks that just came out.

Any help would be good.

Go to the diet/holistic forum. What you ate can absolutely be a cause for acne. Just read my signature. If diet/acne have no connection, why is it that every country that does not subscribe to a western diet does not have a trace of acne? Why is it that the eskimos had no acne until the western diet was introduced to them?

Do some research and you will probably be quite enlightened! :)

Guest Michael Jackson

Any help would be good.

Go to the diet/holistic forum. What you ate can absolutely be a cause for acne. Just read my signature. If diet/acne have no connection, why is it that every country that does not subscribe to a western diet does not have a trace of acne? Why is it that the eskimos had no acne until the western diet was introduced to them?

I have seen many villagers in remote parts of the world with acne.

So eating pizza can make me break out the next day ?? Or do the pimples have to form in 2/3 weeks

They say that the pimples can't be related to a food binge because they take weeks to form, but just through repeated breakouts following eating junkfood, I completely disagree. I guess all I can say is that it affects different people differently, and for me, a bag of chips is the direct cause of a breakout the next day.

The only pseudo-scientific hand-wavy explanation I can come up with for why you might break out within a day of having a grand old junk food fest is that the spike in your blood sugar allows the anaerobic bacteria that cause acne lesions to reproduce more rapidly (fermentation? I'm just guessing that as the P. acnes metabolic pathway), so breakouts that normally would have become visible after a few days or so show up sooner. I don't think this would cause acne, though, so much as exacerbate it. I don't see how oil/fat would have much to do with it.

I'm not an acne-diet-omg-never-eat-anything-that-tastes-good person, but a healthy diet never hurt anyone. Do cut back on the junk food binges and keep up with the regimen.

Any help would be good.

I have seen many villagers in remote parts of the world with acne.

If you saw these villagers, chances are they had contact with the western world to some degree, otherwise you wouldn't be seeing them. Chances are if they have contact with the western world, they also have contact with food from the western world, whether it's McD's or rations from a not for profit NGO. Gluten/wheat is one of the main irritants for acne and I guarantee you most rations coming from the U.S. would contain wheat which is nearly non-existant in most countries.

I'm not an expert, and I won't claim to be, but I'd imagine that has something to do with it.

hey pixxie,

i agree with you that diet has something to do with it... i just haven't figured out exactly what my triggers are... lol. i was gonna mention, though, i'm not sure how important milk is to you or anything, but have you tried organic milk? i bought some tonight (from Whole Foods) that specifically states it has (er... the cows are fed) no hormones, antibiotics, or pesticides. anyway, are those the elements in dairy that you're most concerned about, or is it the milk itself (i.e. the fact that it's simply meant for calves, and not humans, and everything that goes along with that...)?

Things I have elminiated from my diet:

All meats (except fish on occassion)

Wheat/Gluten

Dairy

Soda

Coffee

Do you actually think this is healthy for you? You're not eating 3 out of 4 food groups, not including the group called "other,".

hey pixxie,

i agree with you that diet has something to do with it... i just haven't figured out exactly what my triggers are... lol. i was gonna mention, though, i'm not sure how important milk is to you or anything, but have you tried organic milk? i bought some tonight (from Whole Foods) that specifically states it has (er... the cows are fed) no hormones, antibiotics, or pesticides. anyway, are those the elements in dairy that you're most concerned about, or is it the milk itself (i.e. the fact that it's simply meant for calves, and not humans, and everything that goes along with that...)?

Well, from what I understand, it's not how the milk is created that can cause acne, but certain components like lactose. Though all of those other things are also a concern of mine. We have a string of grocery stores here in the Seattle area called PCC which has almost 100% organic foods and most of it comes from local growers. I love it and could easily get organic milk there, and for cheap since it's a co-op! Also, I think goat milk actually lacks lactose and for some it's ok to drink, but I'd be afraid to trust that stuff :sick:

I'm not exactly sure what component of milk causes acne, but normally those who have problems due to dairy are also lactose intolerant, hence an allergy that causes the acne. The same goes for those who are allergic/intolerant to gluten.

My theory is I can cut all of this stuff out of my diet, then slowly reintroduce one piece at a time, that way I can figure out exactly what it is that causes my acne, then go from there.

Now, if all of this fails, including CSR, onto accutane I go!

Things I have elminiated from my diet:

All meats (except fish on occassion)

Wheat/Gluten

Dairy

Soda

Coffee

Do you actually think this is healthy for you? You're not eating 3 out of 4 food groups, not including the group called "other,".

That's not true at all.

Carbs:

Quinoa

Fruits

Vegetables

Sugar

Protein:

Nuts

Legumes

Fish (on the rare occasion, this is the only meat I will still eat)

Fat:

Flax oil

Tofu

Nuts

I'm sure there's more I have not included, but one does not need to eat western processed foods to have a complete and healthy diet. If cow milk were a staple for survival, don't you think China would not be the most populated country in the world? Same goes for wheat/soda/meats in general.

Well im just pissed off cos igotta meet this girl i like this weekend and it was all going good until that damm pizza and milkshakes

pixxiechixxie, props on your diet.

I am a vegan but I do have to make a few changes to my current one so that I don't become anemic! When I ate normal foods, I found that pizza definitely made it worse =-(

Well im just pissed off cos igotta meet this girl i like this weekend and it was all going good until that damm pizza and milkshakes

You could always go to Rite Aid and buy some concealer :lol:

Consider dropping the crappy foods from your diet next time, if not for your skin, for your general health. It's not unbenknownst to most that pizza/milkshakes/hamburgers/french fries are not the utmost nutritous foods. Next time you want to meet a hot chick, not only will you have clear skin, but you won't be fat! ;):angel:

Our diet is actually the cause of acne. Its all about your bowels and your liver. Acne is a result of hormones, I'm sure a lot of you know that, now in the body, when used hormones pass through the liver, the liver deactivates these hormones so they cannot be put back into the bloodstream again and become activated. But due to diet and the increase of hormone productivity, the liver cannot cope with so much to do, and so it 'overflows' if you like, and these hormones leak back into the blood and are reactivated. Althought regimen's like Dan's do work at clearing up acne, it is just masking the effect, it isn't dealing with the root cause. So, even if you do get your face clear and think you've conquered acne - think again cus if you slip up on the regimen, the acne will just come back. Theres an e-book about the holistic (acnenomore.com i think) way to beat acne that I came accross a while ago. Although a lot of people might not be up to the challenge of such a lifestyle change and change in diet, i wasn't so i'm just going to use this regimen and wait until i grow out of acne. I too also noticed a large breakout a few weeks ago after I had almost a week of take-aways and getting mashed one night. My face was just getting better and it all broke out again, but it's getting their again. Diet does effect acne in my opinion.

I shall say this in my experience.

PIZZA breaks you out because it's greasy and you get it on your fingers then you touch your face later on, it's not actually eating it.

Dont be paranoid over food.

I shall say this in my experience.

PIZZA breaks you out because it's greasy and you get it on your fingers then you touch your face later on, it's not actually eating it.

Dont be paranoid over food.

haha Ok :liar:

I don't know if anyone else gets this but I almost always get one or two small pimples the morning after a nights drinking. I always wash my face when I get home regardless of what state I'm in, and I don't eat junk food before or after I start drinking so I dunno. Tomorrow night will be my first drink since I started the regimen so hopefully history doesn't repeat itself on Sunday morning.

I don't know if anyone else gets this but I almost always get one or two small pimples the morning after a nights drinking. I always wash my face when I get home regardless of what state I'm in, and I don't eat junk food before or after I start drinking so I dunno. Tomorrow night will be my first drink since I started the regimen so hopefully history doesn't repeat itself on Sunday morning.

Gavin, I do too at times, but it's not because of the drink itself! It's because everyone is hot in the club, people are smoking and it's all stuffy, not good for your skin.

im pretty sure food has no effect on acne .. About two years I was your typical junk food eater and had acne, these days I eat very clean ( I'm into bodybuilding ) and making the switch had no real effect on my acne .. fixing my skin care regimen did though.

Milk and milk products (i.e. cheese on the pizza) are full of hormones. I won't touch milk with a 40 foot pole anymore after figuring that out. Whenever I used to drink milk, I'd break out too. Took me a while to put 2 and 2 together.

I drink Vanilla Soy milk now, it tastes better than milk, so *shrug*.

Our diet is actually the cause of acne. Its all about your bowels and your liver. Acne is a result of hormones, I'm sure a lot of you know that, now in the body, when used hormones pass through the liver, the liver deactivates these hormones so they cannot be put back into the bloodstream again and become activated. But due to diet and the increase of hormone productivity, the liver cannot cope with so much to do, and so it 'overflows' if you like, and these hormones leak back into the blood and are reactivated. Althought regimen's like Dan's do work at clearing up acne, it is just masking the effect, it isn't dealing with the root cause. So, even if you do get your face clear and think you've conquered acne - think again cus if you slip up on the regimen, the acne will just come back. Theres an e-book about the holistic (acnenomore.com i think) way to beat acne that I came accross a while ago. Although a lot of people might not be up to the challenge of such a lifestyle change and change in diet, i wasn't so i'm just going to use this regimen and wait until i grow out of acne. I too also noticed a large breakout a few weeks ago after I had almost a week of take-aways and getting mashed one night. My face was just getting better and it all broke out again, but it's getting their again. Diet does effect acne in my opinion.

Do you think I should try acnenomore.com? It sounds tempting, since the CSR is working but at the same time it isn't. Plus I'm all for anything natural/organic over chemicals anyday.

i don't think food has any effect on acne. it doesn't matter what i eat because i still break out. and i've tried a lot of the diets out there that's supposed to stop acne. i'm pretty convinced that it's all geneics.