Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Legend

India demands Coke/Pepsi to reveal formulas

The formulas will not be revealed and India throws a fit. The world resumes as normal in 3..2..1...

On a related note, I recently tested Coke as a grease remover for my totally nasty toaster oven pan/rack thingie. I had some GROSS baked-on grimy stuff that would not BUDGE! My son mentioned that he was watching MythBusters at a friends' house and how they tested a nail in some Coke overnight to see if it would dissolve as they had heard. Well......it halfway dissolved in 24 hours!

So, we decided to test Coke ourselves (we don't drink soda at all), and low and behold.....it did a great job at removing the 2 years worth of baked on grimy stuff that wouldn't budge with any cleaner, no amount of scrubbing, etc.....

Pesticides or not.....why are people drinking this crap? Seriously......

Yeah, im for knowing that formula i really think people will be surprised with what is acutely in coke, i dont exactly trust people who have "secret formulas"

Yes, they remove from rust from car battery by pouring coke on it... heard this in automotive back when I was in school.

Wow... I had always known that soda is acidic, but never to this extent.

Every once in awhile, when I would get indigestion, I would pop a diet coke and help dissolve the food. I guess that should be evidence enough.

I used to drink a few Diet Cokes a day and have really cut back in the last month or so, but I'm definitely cutting it completely out at this point. Nothing but water and organic juices for me.

Jeeze.

I used to drink diet coke all day because there was no sugar in it so I thought it wouldn't harm my acne untill I heard that the chemicals and caffeine inside of it probably makes acne worse.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,25...2299363,00.html

Not exactly acne related, but interesting nonetheless.

Worst post ever! If you knew anything about the history of the formulas for both companies, you would know that them revealing their formulas to the public would be impossible. Nearly all their employees don't even know the first thing about their formulas because the ingredients are about 75% combined before they ever reach the factory floor.

:ninja:

Would be nice to know though... so i can see where their coming from.

I once drank about 2 ltrs of coke and it made me feel like shit... really weak and sleepy. I dont drink it any more apart from the odd glass when im out, thats all though.

Yes, they remove from rust from car battery by pouring coke on it... heard this in automotive back when I was in school.

Yup...I have heard the exact same thing.

:sick::doh::wacko:

On a related note, I recently tested Coke as a grease remover for my totally nasty toaster oven pan/rack thingie. I had some GROSS baked-on grimy stuff that would not BUDGE! My son mentioned that he was watching MythBusters at a friends' house and how they tested a nail in some Coke overnight to see if it would dissolve as they had heard. Well......it halfway dissolved in 24 hours!

So, we decided to test Coke ourselves (we don't drink soda at all), and low and behold.....it did a great job at removing the 2 years worth of baked on grimy stuff that wouldn't budge with any cleaner, no amount of scrubbing, etc.....

That's interesting Denise. I hate everything about soda and havent drank any for years.

We can't see what happens to our body when we injest something so I love experiments like that...and a nail of all things.

Worst post ever! If you knew anything about the history of the formulas for both companies, you would know that them revealing their formulas to the public would be impossible. Nearly all their employees don't even know the first thing about their formulas because the ingredients are about 75% combined before they ever reach the factory floor.

The secret formula thing is mostly marketing. Chemical engineers could reverse engineer it if they wanted. But they'd get into major legal trouble. You don't want to go against an army of coca-cola lawyers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_formula

The secret formula thing is mostly marketing. Chemical engineers could reverse engineer it if they wanted. But they'd get into major legal trouble. You don't want to go against an army of coca-cola lawyers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coca-Cola_formula

Especially when KO (Coca-Cola) has a market cap of $101.9 Billion. I am not sure about that it can be reverse engineered. I'm an engineer and haven't heard of anything like that with coca-cola being possible even after going to the plant itself. Especially considering there are precise amounts and formulas to be used to get the exact taste. I may be wrong.

http://www.killercoke.org

coke uses unfair labor practices and murders people.

And you just found that out. All big companies use outsourcing to gain more profits. My previous company used a sweat shop located here in the states to make automobile parts. The people made under minimum wage and many were injured. Outsiders would never know because we had a nice big sign on the front of the building. Inside though, it was hell on earth. I loved ordering those workers around. Wake up and smell the coffee!

That's interesting Denise. I hate everything about soda and havent drank any for years.

We can't see what happens to our body when we injest something so I love experiments like that...and a nail of all things.

My son said they also dissolved a human tooth. Can you believe it? And we drink how many gazillions of gallons of this stuff a year?!? :doh::wacko::wall::sick::doh::rolleyes:

My son said they also dissolved a human tooth. Can you believe it? And we drink how many gazillions of gallons of this stuff a year?!? :doh::wacko::wall::sick::doh::rolleyes:

That's why teeth feel weaker and nasty after having it.

It's poison. It's killing the unborn, raining tumors and seizures on the population, destroying children, incapacitating workers, mimicking MS, erasing memory and blinding. Inexorably Diet Coke visits a plague of 92 symptoms listed by FDA on a secret report they'll never show which names diet soda as the first source of aspartame disease. And yes, Death was one of the 92.

Diet Coke is poison. And it's addictive, some victims drink several liters a day and keep it on their nightstands. If Coke changes the formula to remove aspartame the world will heal and the surge of hatred and vengeance by the disabled and bereaved shall certainly destroy Coca Cola.

The poison in Diet Coke is aspartame. As a member of the National Soft Drink Association Coke opposed FDA approval of aspartame for beverages. their objections, running to several pages published in the Congressional Record of 5/7/85, said aspartame is uniquely and inherently unstable and breaks down in the can. It decomposes into formaldehyde, methyl alcohol, formic acid, diketopiperazine and other toxins. In a study on 7 monkeys 5 had grand mal seizures and one died, a casualty rate of 86%.

Coke knew; and knowing, broke their good faith contract with customers, a breach exhibited by the recent plot to program vending machines to raise the price with the temperature. Dissatisfied with selling flavored sugar water plus phosphoric acid, they switched to pushing an addictive formula called "Diet". Addictive substances multiply markets, so Diet Coke soared off the sales charts, spreading obesity in its flight.. We're fatter because aspartame suppresses seratonin and makes us crave carbohydrates.

http://www.lightparty.com/Health/DietCokeAspartame.html

Yeah, some people at my work would use Coke as a cleaner too...

I use vinegar around the house to clean food that's burnt on to pots, pans etc., I wonder which is more acidic - coke or vinegar? Vinegar can budge really hard to scrub crap in a matter of 5-20 minutes, great stuff in that regard...

I HATE diet coke anyways. It's nasty. And what sucks is that some of the biggest people I know drink it and keep drinking more and more.

You guys didn't know coke is bad for you? I stopped drinking coke when I was in elementary school. I stopped immediately and there are no exceptions. I'd rather drink my urine or a stranger's urine than to drink coke when no water is around. Look how white my teeth are. They are white because I don't put black shit in my body. :dance:

Yeah, some people at my work would use Coke as a cleaner too...

I use vinegar around the house to clean food that's burnt on to pots, pans etc., I wonder which is more acidic - coke or vinegar? Vinegar can budge really hard to scrub crap in a matter of 5-20 minutes, great stuff in that regard...

Vinegar didn't do squat on the stuff I had baked on!!!! :doh::lol:

Where vinegar fails, Coke can take over. :dance:

You guys didn't know coke is bad for you? I stopped drinking coke when I was in elementary school. I stopped immediately and there are no exceptions. I'd rather drink my urine or a stranger's urine than to drink coke when no water is around. Look how white my teeth are. They are white because I don't put black shit in my body. :dance:

Of course we knew it was bad for you...but insecticides and dissolving nails and teeth are quite a step above "being bad for you".....I havn't touched Coke or any other soda for probably 20 years or more. My son has never been raised on soda at all and hates the stuff. Well, I do like root beer, but limit drinking it to maybe once or twice a year. The natural stuff is fantastic....so expensive though!!!!!!!!! :doh::doh::doh: