Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STURZ10

In need of help with FLAKES?DRyness

I really need get rid of the amount of flakes...if not reduce them. Any products that are great, and you recommend. I know you guys say lather on moisturizer. But most of the time the flakes are there once the moisturizer drys, and I can't moisturize all day long. Any suggestions? What are you methods to make the flakes less noticable? Or do you guys walk around school and town with the flakes?

~thanks alot

CHris ;)

When i was on accutane i got the flakes hardcore. Once my whole face was white with dry skin. What i tried was rubbing them with a rag in the shower to sortof prevent it. Later if i still had it, i'd use a lotion in the morning and carry in my pocket some chapstick- so if i noticed that i had dry spots around my nose or some flakes, i'd rub it a little and put a little chapstick on.

That was my little secret on keeping it real.

When i was on accutane i got the flakes hardcore. Once my whole face was white with dry skin. What i tried was rubbing them with a rag in the shower to sortof prevent it. Later if i still had it, i'd use a lotion in the morning and carry in my pocket some chapstick- so if i noticed that i had dry spots around my nose or some flakes, i'd rub it a little and put a little chapstick on.

That was my little secret on keeping it real.

sweet.. but were the flakes stil noticable? What mg?

lmao i walked around with it on.

i used cetaphil to decrease the amount of flakes

still had a lot so yea u might have to deal with it :/

lmao i walked around with it on.

i used cetaphil to decrease the amount of flakes

still had a lot so yea u might have to deal with it :/

Ohhh man what am I getting myself into :doh:

I know you can't be taking hot showers all day long but I know that helps get my dead skin off.. I'm on retin-a and it seems like once a week or so my skin just has a major peeling session, so the steaming hot shower always helps.

Also a girl in accutane logs mentioned she bought a steam facial spa from Bed Bath & Beyond & it worked wonders for getting her dry skin off. I am pretty sure this is the one she was talking about. I am going to buy it for my accutane course as well.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.as...4327&RN=463