Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

sorry if this question has already been asked...

i began taking b5 (10g a day) two months ago and my skin is now totally and completely clear. i honestly could not be happier, but i was just wondering when i should start reducing my amount.

i'm TERRIFIED of my acne returning, so i want to make sure i start reducing the amount at the correct time, and that i do it right.

is it likely that my acne will return? any replies would be greatly appreciated : )

i began taking b5 (10g a day) two months ago and my skin is now totally and completely clear. i honestly could not be happier, but i was just wondering when i should start reducing my amount.

i'm TERRIFIED of my acne returning, so i want to make sure i start reducing the amount at the correct time, and that i do it right.

is it likely that my acne will return? any replies would be greatly appreciated : )

I've nevr done it, but I heard of people going down a gram and then waiting a while to see what happens, then keep going down and wait... it's just a waiting game I think.

I've never done B5, but from what I've read the answers to the two questions are "right about now" and "slowly in graduated increments."

b5 CURE OR PLACEBO?

b5 CURE OR PLACEBO?

Good question. The only clinical study was not double-blinded... so who knows?

^^ yeah, i've often wondered if that was the case. but my skin is clear, so it really doesn't bother either way lol

True, true. I wish I could will myself to have clear skin... that would be so much easier. I'm far too cynical though... :(

Hey Playground Love,

i've cleared myself with B5 too, it's great isn't it!! I used to be on 10g but have now come down to 5g with no problems. Just do it gradually. Also, i've been taking it for over a year now, with no signs of it becoming less effective. People on other boards have told me "Eugh i don't trust B5. Too much of anything is bad and it'll stop working after a time anyway", but i wouldn't listen to any of it. I've got nothing but positive things to say about it! Except for the fact that my skin seems to heal slower, but that's a small price to pay. Have you noticed anything like that by any chance?

In terms of whether it's a placebo or not, as was suggested, i'm 100% convinced that it isn't. When I originally took it 2-3 years ago, i wasn't very optimistic, so there was none of this mind over matter ("it WILL work, it WILL work" etc) business. Nevertheless it cleared me up. Then when i came off it, my acne came back. But not immediately: it was very gradual, like the B5 was working its way out of my system. Now, as i say, i'm back on it and have no intention of coming off :)

If i were you, i'd reduce it by half a gram, or a gram, every week. So that in 5-10 weeks you've come down to 5g a day. Right now i'm apprehensive about going any lower, and really don't see the point as i'm happy with things how they are (and it's not breaking the bank so much now either).

Good luck, and let me know how you get on!

Hey Playground Love,

i've cleared myself with B5 too, it's great isn't it!! I used to be on 10g but have now come down to 5g with no problems. Just do it gradually. Also, i've been taking it for over a year now, with no signs of it becoming less effective. People on other boards have told me "Eugh i don't trust B5. Too much of anything is bad and it'll stop working after a time anyway", but i wouldn't listen to any of it. I've got nothing but positive things to say about it! Except for the fact that my skin seems to heal slower, but that's a small price to pay. Have you noticed anything like that by any chance?

In terms of whether it's a placebo or not, as was suggested, i'm 100% convinced that it isn't. When I originally took it 2-3 years ago, i wasn't very optimistic, so there was none of this mind over matter ("it WILL work, it WILL work" etc) business. Nevertheless it cleared me up. Then when i came off it, my acne came back. But not immediately: it was very gradual, like the B5 was working its way out of my system. Now, as i say, i'm back on it and have no intention of coming off :)

If i were you, i'd reduce it by half a gram, or a gram, every week. So that in 5-10 weeks you've come down to 5g a day. Right now i'm apprehensive about going any lower, and really don't see the point as i'm happy with things how they are (and it's not breaking the bank so much now either).

is b5 benzoyl peroxide 5%

is yes then it shud b called bp 5 not b 5

No. Vitamin B5 or pantothenic acid.

Hey Playground Love,

thank you for clearing all that up minds i!!

as far as healing goes, i recently added vitamin c to my regimen (2 pills a day=1g) and have noticed a huge difference in healing, pore size, and my skin in general. i would definitely recommend that.

i'll definitely reduce by half a gram a week and see how it goes : )

Hey Playground Love,

LMAO, that made my day.

Hey Playground Love,

LMAO, that made my day.

Mine too. :) It was hilarious.

thank you for clearing all that up minds i!!

as far as healing goes, i recently added vitamin c to my regimen (2 pills a day=1g) and have noticed a huge difference in healing, pore size, and my skin in general. i would definitely recommend that.

i'll definitely reduce by half a gram a week and see how it goes : )

Awesome, i'm sure you'll get on fine.

Thanks for the vitamin c tip, i'll get some next time i'm in town. If only these one or two persistent little red marks would heal it'd be the icing on the cake. If i think back to the situation i was in this time last year though, i'd have killed for my skin how it is now! It's funny how quickly your expectations change!

That's right Melbournebloke, It's all a placebo effect. Dude get real. Do you know just how many people have seen results. Too many to be placebo effect.

In fact eating food to stay alive is just a placebo affect too, really you might want to try that and let us know how it goes, cuz giving your body something it needs is just a placebo effect. Try not eating and if you start to feel bad then don't worry because it just means you only THINK your feeling bad. Who needs food, pffft!

That's right Melbournebloke, It's all a placebo effect. Dude get real. Do you know just how many people have seen results. Too many to be placebo effect.

In fact eating food to stay alive is just a placebo affect too, really you might want to try that and let us know how it goes, cuz giving your body something it needs is just a placebo effect. Try not eating and if you start to feel bad then don't worry because it just means you only THINK your feeling bad. Who needs food, pffft!

Nice one!! :D

HOW could it be placebo?? SERIOUSLY, so many people have seen results on this, and many have 100% clearing. you cannot just will your acne to go away, if we could do that we would all be clear by now, with all the hope that we get when we start a new regimen or try something new... no way, not placebo. By the way Playground Love, did you have an initial breakout when you started B5? Thanks :)

HOW could it be placebo?? SERIOUSLY, so many people have seen results on this, and many have 100% clearing. you cannot just will your acne to go away, if we could do that we would all be clear by now, with all the hope that we get when we start a new regimen or try something new... no way, not placebo. By the way Playground Love, did you have an initial breakout when you started B5? Thanks :)

yeah i actually had a pretty bad initial breakout. for the first 5 weeks or so my skin was terrible. however it was obvious that the b5 was doing something. in the next few weeks my skin dramatically cleared up. my advice to others is to commit to at least 3 months of b5 before giving up. in my first few weeks i wanted so badly to stop taking it, but at this point my skin is 99% clear. i have a tiny bump that's been there for a while, but that's it. stick with it!

i didnt read to see if anyone else suggested this, but if youre taking 500mg pills, then every other day or every week reduce by 500 mg. its not the full gram so it probably would make it a more gradual reduction and less likely for a flareup to occur.

i started b5 a week ago with 1 gram, then every other day added another 500 mg. im currently taking 3 grams and have gotten excellent results.