Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alisa Lucente

Should I start minocycline ??? - Take a look at my pictures posted in this thread!

Do it. Nothing to lose. The differin might work on its own though. You've only been using it for two weeks.

Do it. Nothing to lose. The differin might work on its own though. You've only been using it for two weeks.

I just dont wanna use it forever, and im scared if i stop it my acne might get worse.

I just dont wanna use it forever, and im scared if i stop it my acne might get worse.

So don't use it forever. Using differin at the same time will help ensure you're treating the disease two ways--antibiotics to kill the creatures that cause the immune response and inflammation, and the retinoid to even out the skin regeneration process and prevent clogged pores that the buggies attack. You should only be on mino for three months or so. Then you can taper off.

It will also help with any initial breakouts or acne flares that you might get when first using the differin. Actually, I think that derms should start people on either antibiotics (oral or topical) or BP a month or two prior to starting Differin or other retinoids. I think it would go a long way towards eliminating or reducing the nasty IBs some people get.

Thanks for the posts. I think i will try it im just worried about some side affects..like making your immune system weak... also i dont want it to make my skin condition worse if it doesnt work by permanatly ruining it... ill see though

does it help with redmarks/scars?

Thanks for the posts. I think i will try it im just worried about some side affects..like making your immune system weak... also i dont want it to make my skin condition worse if it doesnt work by permanatly ruining it... ill see though

The drug will not affect your immune system negatively... unless you take it for a long time. Most side effects with antibiotics are gastrointestinal problems. If the mino doesn't work it won't ruin your skin... it just won't be any better than if you weren't taking them at all. Antibiotics do not help with red marks or scars... but the Differin should a little bit.

The drug will not affect your immune system negatively... unless you take it for a long time. Most side effects with antibiotics are gastrointestinal problems. If the mino doesn't work it won't ruin your skin... it just won't be any better than if you weren't taking them at all. Antibiotics do not help with red marks or scars... but the Differin should a little bit.

hmmm..

well what i thought was if i quit it, my acne would flare up worse therefore making my skin condition worse than before

well what i thought was if i quit it, my acne would flare up worse therefore making my skin condition worse than before

Not usually. Never happened to me. Especially if it doesn't do anything in the first place.