Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mdp703

Accutane success?

Accutane success?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. For those of you who have tried a course of accutane, please indicate how much of a success it was for you:

• 100% success. I achieved clear skin and it's stayed that way ever since.
    • Successful. I achieved clear skin, although once I stopped using it I've had some small breakouts now and again.
    • 50/50. My skin got clearer, but not break-out free. Since I've stopped using accutane, my skin isn't as bad as it used to be, but I still have acne.
    • Very little success. My skin got a little clearer, but once I stopped using accutane my skin went back to the way it used to be.
    • 0% success. I noticed no difference while I took accutane
    • DON'T DO IT! I took accutane and the side effects far outweighed any benefit.

After failing all treatments out there I am trying to figure out whether it is worth trying accutane. However, I find it extremely difficult to make a decision when everyone responds so differently to treatments. As such, I thought it would be nice to have a poll where people could indicate their level of success and I can become more informed about the overall success of those on accutane.

Also, please feel free to write down any additional comments or thoughts about your treatment experience.

Keep in mind that the people who became completely clear probably aren't still on this board so most of the people voting will still have some issues with acne, meaning the results arent going to show an accurate success rate.

Yeh I agree, i took a 10 month break off this forum because my acne went, but now i'm back.. so i'm a good example.

I have been on accutane for 3 months and 11 days, and I am 90% clear with just a lot of red marks, so I do beleive it has been a success and will keep getting better, I don't know what to select on the poll..

That's a good point. I will definately take that into consideration when numbers accumulate.

Thanks