Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cleardream

2nd Week, Random giant cyst...

Ok, so I'm well into Week #2, and I was down to about 1 new pimple every 1-2 days, when 2 days ago I woke up with this random cyst-like thing on my chin. It's large enough that it actually makes the bottom of my chin protrude & look misshapen. I almost never get cystic acne, or if i do, it's not huge like this. It basically seems like it might've otherwise been a regular pimple, but since it's been suppressed (by the BP) from coming the to the surface, it's chosen instead to swell up to the size of a planet BENEATH the surface, and just sit there -- large, red and inflamed. Honestly, it doesn't even resemble a zit. It's just a big lump of something inside the skin, and takes up almost half the width of my chin.

Has anyone else had something like this? I've been applying extra BP around and on top of this bump... good idea, or bad? (I was thinking maybe just lay off the BP in that area and let it surface...?)

Ok, so I'm well into Week #2, and I was down to about 1 new pimple every 1-2 days, when 2 days ago I woke up with this random cyst-like thing on my chin. It's large enough that it actually makes the bottom of my chin protrude & look misshapen. I almost never get cystic acne, or if i do, it's not huge like this. It basically seems like it might've otherwise been a regular pimple, but since it's been suppressed (by the BP) from coming the to the surface, it's chosen instead to swell up to the size of a planet BENEATH the surface, and just sit there -- large, red and inflamed. Honestly, it doesn't even resemble a zit. It's just a big lump of something inside the skin, and takes up almost half the width of my chin.

Has anyone else had something like this? I've been applying extra BP around and on top of this bump... good idea, or bad? (I was thinking maybe just lay off the BP in that area and let it surface...?)

After 2 weeks on the regiment I got a big cyst [on my cheek], too. I put on a lot of 10% BP, than some AHA, and even some Aloe Vera. After 1-2 days, the cyst just peeled of. It is weird, but it did. Now, obviously, I have a red spot, but it is better than a big, red cyst.

Maria

Just don't try to squeeze it!!!!! :naughty: You'll regret it.

Same thing happened to me...I don't know if it's the good thing to do, but I did put some extra BP on it from time to time and it has flattened ALOT!(can't see it anymore)

Just don't try to squeeze it!!!!! :naughty: You'll regret it.

Same thing happened to me...I don't know if it's the good thing to do, but I did put some extra BP on it from time to time and it has flattened ALOT!(can't see it anymore)