Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loki

spironolactone

Hi everyone especially ladies,

I started 100mg of spironolactone the beginning of the month. I;ve also been using tazorac. My face is so broken out right now I will not leave the house which means I've missed a dentist appt and class. I am extremely depressed. I thought after accutane I'd be through with this nightmare and I'd only have to deal with the nightmare of scars. Wrong :(

I also was wondering if my multivitamin, Centrum, might be contributing? Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

I take spiro. I was prescribed 200 mgs per day but I think that's too much so somedays I take only 100 and some days 150.

I was mostly clear when I began taking it, so I can't really remember how long it took to kick in, but it keeps me like 99% clear now. It really works.

Are you taking a birth control pill with it? Maybe it's the pill that's breaking you out?

Hey, thanks for your response! Very glad to hear that it keeps you so clear. I don't really think it's my BCP, I take Yasmin. I have been clear while taking Yasmin so I don't think it's that. I just hope this stuff works soon!! The tazorac is annoying too, but people say you have to wait.

Patience is key I know, but I am too embarassed to leave the house :(

Hey, thanks for your response! Very glad to hear that it keeps you so clear. I don't really think it's my BCP, I take Yasmin. I have been clear while taking Yasmin so I don't think it's that. I just hope this stuff works soon!! The tazorac is annoying too, but people say you have to wait.

Patience is key I know, but I am too embarassed to leave the house :(

Hi Loki,

How's your skin doing? Has the spiro kicked in yet? I hope all is well!

I felt a bit drier within days, and I think I saw the full effects after a month or two, although it can take longer. Overall, the amount of acne I had was about the same but the severity and depth of my breakouts greatly improved. I also didn't have to blot my face of oil every 10 minutes.

Hopeful-thanks for asking about me :) and also thanks for responding Kittenkaboodle.

I has been a little over a month now of taking the spiro and I think it is starting to get better :) I still have a small breakout on my cheek and one larger one along my jawline.

I hope this takes care of it!!!

hope you're all doing good!

Hello.

Part of my regimen is spironolactone 100mg, but take BC and Duac too. My hair stopped being so oily after the first month, but i'm not sure if it has kicked in yet although my skin has gotten clearer. It's hard to pinpoint what's really helping me, or if it's my regimen as a whole the reason for my latest skin success. Who knows, this stuff gets confusing after a while.

I've heard it's extra beneficial to take BC with it, so I think you're on the right track. Just try to be patient.

You should look up Dr. Geoffrey Redmond on Google. He talks alot about spironolactone.

Keep in touch!

-Eloise