Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
midknyte

2nd week into CSR...

so im going to report the bad news first.... i just hit the second week mark yesterday and ive been getting large papules all over my face.... there is a total of 10-15 of them in clusters mostly on my forehead and cheeks, even one on my nose, and one on my chin...... i know im supposed to expect a break out on the second week but these are larger than the average pimples i usually get......... and a little more painful too...... plus the constant flaky redness isnt helping :boohoo::(:shifty:

ok now for the good news... yes theres some of that too lol.....

the two cysts that i had a week ago are now flatten and inactive and remain as purple scars..... a few that i thought were going to turn cystic have become papules or even better faded into nothing...... also any small white head like pimple seem to come and go within a day or two.... not bad!

i know these kinda shaky results is to be expected in the first weeks/months but its jus so frustrating to end up with more pimples then b4 i started the regimen!

i guess im just venting :evil: cuz i am planning to stick to this regimen since it has worked for me before, and for such a long time.....

and i have to admit getting rid of those cysts is a HUGE relief (knocks on wood)

wish me luck guys

Stick with it! Give it 3 full months of strict adherence, twice a day every day, recommended products, bla bla. http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html for more.

Mild cases sometimes clear up in a jif, but more moderate cases take longer, so stick with it and try your very best not to experiment 'til you're clear. Keep us posted.

Stick with it! Give it 3 full months of strict adherence, twice a day every day, recommended products, bla bla. http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html for more.

Mild cases sometimes clear up in a jif, but more moderate cases take longer, so stick with it and try your very best not to experiment 'til you're clear. Keep us posted.

aww thanks dan! its nice to know youre still very hands on with the website even after its gotten so big! i remember in 2002 i first stumbled upon ur website after refusing to go back to the derm (their meds got my acne so horrible u wouldnt believe) and stuck with it for almost three years...... and of course 95% of those 3 yrs i was clear.... now ive learned the hard way that acne is for life and i have to STICK with the regimen for good!

ps: thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for what you've done!

ok so to avoid making a new thread and end up cluttering this board ill just post my update/rant here... :)

its seems like everytime a pimple goes down, two more pop up! i really hate this second week break out deal.... man! acne really sucks ass!

now its been so long ago since i was first on the csr that i can't remember if this was the case the first time around..... plus i was using the neutrogena tinted cream (when they had that AGES ago haha) which made it harder to see and count each pimple i was getting....

but im definitely not giving up tho! i keep telling myself if it worked so well for me b4 then why wouldnt work for me again? damn i really wish i stayed on it... i wouldnt of been in this predicament!

oh yah! and a couple questions....

ive watched the video and read the step-by-step about a hundred times so im pretty sure ive got it down, but how come my bp seems to absorb/dry so much faster then 5 minutes?? if i keep smearing up to the 5 minute mark i end up peeling off some bp, and trust me i am SUPERRRRRR GENTLE....

second question...

when do u think is a good time to use a moisturizer with AHA? peeling is pretty bad right now but im only on my 2nd week.... do u guys think my skin is ready for Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion????

ok so to avoid making a new thread and end up cluttering this board ill just post my update/rant here... :)

its seems like everytime a pimple goes down, two more pop up! i really hate this second week break out deal.... man! acne really sucks ass!

now its been so long ago since i was first on the csr that i can't remember if this was the case the first time around..... plus i was using the neutrogena tinted cream (when they had that AGES ago haha) which made it harder to see and count each pimple i was getting....

but im definitely not giving up tho! i keep telling myself if it worked so well for me b4 then why wouldnt work for me again? damn i really wish i stayed on it... i wouldnt of been in this predicament!

ive watched the video and read the step-by-step about a hundred times so im pretty sure ive got it down, but how come my bp seems to absorb/dry so much faster then 5 minutes?? if i keep smearing up to the 5 minute mark i end up peeling off some bp, and trust me i am SUPERRRRRR GENTLE....

second question...

when do u think is a good time to use a moisturizer with AHA? peeling is pretty bad right now but im only on my 2nd week.... do u guys think my skin is ready for Neutrogena Healthy Skin lotion????

You don't have to follow the time thing so strictly. Adsorption times vary depending on the amount of BP and the skin itself. So just work it until it feels tacky then stop.

As long as your skin isn't seriously cracked or sensitive then go ahead and give the lotion a try. Use it ONLY at night and start off with 1 pump.

second question...

You don't have to follow the time thing so strictly. Adsorption times vary depending on the amount of BP and the skin itself. So just work it until it feels tacky then stop.

As long as your skin isn't seriously cracked or sensitive then go ahead and give the lotion a try. Use it ONLY at night and start off with 1 pump.

thanks for the suggestion... i figured common sense should of told me when to stop rubbing!

hehe anyways i guess i didnt realize this but i guess my fingers are rather slim and "dainty" so wut i considered a fat line of bp on my finger for me might not have been enough... anyways to resolve this im using a fatter line of bp and now it actually takes longer to absorb, more like how Dan demonstrates in his video.... so i guess i wasnt using the full blown amount of bp i thought i was.... my face however isnt anymore drier or redder... which i guess is a good sign that my face has gotten used to the bp

for some bad news... the papule on my nose has excalated into the size of a cyst!!! :wall: very huge and disturbing.... but thats about the only active pimple currently on my face that is not receding so i guess results are still bittersweet.... only two weeks in, third week is hopeful!