Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fishbottleninjabandit

What to do while waiting?

For waiting inbetween applications, should I just sit there? In the morning I'm heavy on time, so would it be okay to wash my face, then brush my teeth while I wait, apply BP, get changed, and then apply moisturizer? Or should I just sit there, 15 minutes at a time so my hands don't touch anything?

yes, go do things!

No need to just sit there.

I usually get dressed, log on here and answer some questions, start cooking breakfast, etc. during my wait times.

Just wash your hands again each time you are ready to apply the bp and then moisturizer.

While waiting for the BP to dry, I check my email, throw some gym clothes in a bag, set out what I'm going to wear (which I don't put on until the BP is dry to prevent bleaching), look at the weather report for the day, stuff like that. 15 minutes goes by pretty quickly on a computer.

In the mornings during school I am VERY limited for time, so what I usually do is wash face, while it is drying I make my bed and put stuff together for my backpack etc. Then I apply BP, usually this is when I pick out my clothes and get dressed, but sometimes if I'm very tired I just have time to pick out clothes/jewelry/do other random things like brush teeth. When that's done I put the moisturizer on, go back to my room and do whatever I didn't have time to do before (like finish getting dressed or cleaning room or organizing school stuff etc). Then I take about 10-20 minutes depending on how much time I have to put on makeup. I always make sure to check in the mirror about 15 minutes after I put on my makeup (or for guys I'd recommed after moisturizing) to check for any flakes. I get flakes most of the time under my chin, where I don't rub gently enough in the moisturizer. That's my recommendations. :)

i wash face

then go2 mirror and dry

then do my hair and get it about right wen its dry

then apply bp

then put the wax in my hair to hold it how i want it and get dressed

then moisturise

an FINITO!

When I am brushing my teeth, sometimes the toothpaste from my mouth gets to my lips and sometimes a little beyond the lips, so would the toothpaste that gets past my lips irritate my skin?

I do this:

Wash face

Get dressed

Apply BP

Go on computer

Apply moisturiser

Then I'm done and usually go have my breakfast. I used to eat my breakfast inbetween the steps, but I don't anymore, don't like doing that, feels awkward eating when my skin is dry and tight.

What do while waiting? My answer (and a common one, I'd assume): hang out on this message board!

But wash your hands after using your keyboard & before applying BP or moisturizer.

There was a well-publicized study about how filthy keyboards can be: Read about the hospital computer keyboard study here.

Damn that's a good point - wish I'd thought of it. I read that the average office keyboard has more bacteria than the toilet seat, mainly because of people eating lunch at their desks. I often eat while using the computer so my keyboard must be filthy. I'll make sure I wash my hands before putting on the bp and moisturiser. Thanks for the tip.

Alright, here's a more serious answer.

Wake up, and head into shower. I wash my body, shampoo/condition my hair, shave, and cleanse my face.

Dry off, and go eat breakfast. Note that this only works if your breakfast takes 10-15 minutes to make. I have a ginormous shake, so it's pretty quick.

Now apply BP, your face should be dry by now.

And then brush your teeth. It's good to brush now, because it forces you to do it for as long as it takes before the BP dries (about five minutes), and most people barely brush for thirty seconds. Or if you really want, brush your teeth for however long, then clip your nails, gel your hair (not that I condone this), make your bag, w/e.

Finally, apply moisturizer.

You're done.

I want to throw out here, though, that brushing your teeth BEFORE you wash your face is better than waiting until you're at some point in your regimen steps. That way you can rinse off any irritating toothpaste residue and your BP/moisturizer doesn't get water on it causing it to go white. Of the many things to do while waiting for BP to dry, brushing your teeth probably shouldn't be one of them.

cool as kim deal,

Your Cadbury Creme Egg avatar keep making me hungry. :drool:

Sorry about that! I really wish they weren't seasonal, they're too damn good to have only at Easter. If they had almonds in them, they'd be pretty much the perfect candy.

cool as kim deal,

Your Cadbury Creme Egg avatar keeps making me hungry. :drool:

I really wish they weren't seasonal, they're too damn good to have only at Easter.

That's what's so funny about the avatar: I'm trying to reach through my monitor to grab the Creme Egg.

In real life they'd only be on my mind for a month or two a year, when I'm in the drugstore around Easter ... rather than every single time I'm on this message board! :)