Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
irideflatland

Vaseline Intensive Care Advanced Therapy

I've just started trying some acne treatments, and I haven't been using any moisturizers, so my skin is starting to get dry. Like after I shower, I eat, and my skin starts cracking around my mouth :(

I just use Ivory bar soap if that matters...

Anyways, I haven't gotten around to getting a non-comewhateveritscalled moisturizer, but we have some Vaseline Intensive Care lotion/moisturizer. Do you think that will do more harm than good?

Well, whatever you do, don't use the bar soap on your face. Also make sure the shower water isn't anything more than warm. I'd definently use the Vaseline now, the petroleum really helps the dry skin, although it will be shiny.

Well, whatever you do, don't use the bar soap on your face. Also make sure the shower water isn't anything more than warm. I'd definently use the Vaseline now, the petroleum really helps the dry skin, although it will be shiny.

Yeah, the soap seems to dry out my face a little, but it's all I have (well, I have Equate liquid hand soap, but I don't know if that's any better). I put the Vaseline Intensive care on my chin last night because that's where it was the dryest, and I had quite a few whiteheads there this morning. So I don't think I'll be using it anymore...

Well, when you get the chance to get a decent cleanser/moisturizer you should look into jojoba oil. I've never used it but it really helps dry skin. Gets rid of flakes and all that good stuff. ;) I'm thinking about asking to get when I go on Accutane.