Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone else take dexedrine? I took Accutane (it's called Roaccutan here in Europe, but I guess it's the same thing) 2 years ago and was clear for 1 1/2 years. I also used BP to prevent new breakouts. 6 months ago I started taking Dexedrine, which is an amphetamine-like substance (I have ADD) and my face looked terrible. BP didn't help anymore. At first I thought that it was because the effects of Accutane wore off. But then I didn't take Dexedrine for 2 weeks and my face cleared up. Is there someone who takes Dexedrine and experienced the same thing? I'm not sure if it really has a connection or if I just like to blame dexedrine so I don't have to accept the fact that I have to deal with acne again. Then again, when I take dexedrine I easily get obsessed. I constantly look in the mirror and pick.

I now use mandelic acid and an AHA cream. My face looks acceptable at the moment. However, there are days I don't want to go outside because my skin looks like sh... If you think dexedrine is to blame I will stop taking it because I'd rather have bad grades than walking around with pimples and miss school because I don't want to be seen like this. By the way, there's no use in telling me to talk to my doc, because I already did, and he told me that he doesn't know :D And I don't want to go to a different shrink cause I don't feel like telling my whole life story once more :lol:

Could you also tell me if my cleanser is skin friendly and doesn't contain any harsh ingredients?

AQUA (WATER)

, AROMA (FRAGRANCE)

, ASCORBYL PALMITATE

, CETEARYL ALCOHOL

, CETYL ALCOHOL

, GLYCERYL STEARATE

, HEXYL CINNAMAL

, HYDROGENATED PALM GLYCERIDES CITRATE

, LECITHIN

, OCTYLDODECANOL

, PHENOXYETHANOL

, STEARIC ACID

, TOCOPHEROL

, LAURYL GLUCOSID

, SODIUM CETEARYL SULFATE

thanks, I appreciate your help!!

I have been to Switzerland :) I assume you have socialized welfare?

Sweden is a different country from Switzerland? Wow who would have thought.

I live in Switzerland. That's the small but rich country in the middle of Europe, which stole money from the jews during WW2 :) By the way, there are no hot Swedish girls in Switzerland, Sweden is a different country, just an info for those Americans who didn't pay attention during geography class :D

Thanks for insulting those of us who DO pay attention to stuff that goes on outside the US... Nice job on the comment about "the jews," too. You're as ignorant as the Americans you're attempting to insult if you think we all think Sweden and Switzerland are the same thing. What possessed you to make such an inane remark? Saying you were from Switerland would have sufficed. :rolleyes:

I live in Switzerland. That's the small but rich country in the middle of Europe, which stole money from the jews during WW2 :) By the way, there are no hot Swedish girls in Switzerland, Sweden is a different country, just an info for those Americans who didn't pay attention during geography class :D

Thanks for insulting those of us who DO pay attention to stuff that goes on outside the US... Nice job on the comment about "the jews," too. You're as ignorant as the Americans you're attempting to insult if you think we all think Sweden and Switzerland are the same thing. What possessed you to make such an inane remark? Saying you were from Switerland would have sufficed. :rolleyes:

sorry but - LMAO

Well, I've been to NYC many times and you can't imagine how many ppl didn't know that Sweden and Switzerland are different countries :).

I live in Zurich, I guess you have been here, unless you came to CH to see the famous alps :)

Yeah, we have socialized welfare. Actually I receive welfare, and the fact that I've been to NYC many times and to many other countries shows how good we have it here :) I'm really blessed to be born in this country, because if I had grown up in the States I would probably live in a small apt in a bad neighborhood and wouldn't be able to pay for college...

Yes pill_popper, well in America we do feel that people should work for a living :). Do you know the way the college system works here? You don't have to be "able to pay" for college. That doesn't mean you cannot go :) But of course I am sure you knew that ;)

By the way, how did Sweden and Switzerland come up into your conversation with so many New Yorkers? They asked you where you were from, and you said Swtizerland, and they started talking about Sweden? Or you did? And then you asked them trivia questions about European countries? That sounds a little odd :)

Nobody is arguing that the US is not a welfare country. We don't even have socialized medical care. Can you imagine the amount of immigrants we have and them sucking the medical care fund dry? Not to mention the 300,000,000 people we have here already.

How many immigrants does Switzerland get by the way annually? We get thousands legal and illegal ones daily. I guess the US is not THAT bad then :)

Good luck with you amphetamine pills and acne. Make sure the pills aren't affecting you in any other way pill_popper, they can create neurological problems :)

But it's always the same thing with Americans. You get insulted so easily. we have a very sarcastic sense of humor in Switzerland and Americans always are horrified when I make a joke...

There you go generalizing again... You can't stereotype an entire nation if you don't like it when someone else does it to you--it's hypocritical. I am well aware that it was intended to be humorous (I am well-versed in the art of sarcasm), but it was an unnecessary remark with no provocation. Getting called a stupid American gets old after a while, especially on an international board.

As for your acne, that cleanser doesn't look too skin-friendly... in fact I'm pretty sure it would irritate my skin. You'll want one designed for sensetive skin (acne-prone skin is sensetive skin) that doesn't have a fragrance or alcohol. And if you don't absolutely need those drugs I wouldn't take them...

Pill popper Americans get a lot of shit from foreigners , like being called stupid and arrogant. Like you saying there were so many New Yorkers who didn't know Sweden and Switzerland were separate countries when you admitted it was a group of college kids. You can find stupid college boys everywhere. I think this board should be peaceful instead of, a putting down countries board.

Anyway, bloodcries is right, speed bumps would be different from acne pimples. I personally don't think little kids should take speed lol, but who am I to suggest that? :lol:

Maybe you should get a treatment from your derm, like a topical retinoid.

Well Cetaphil is a U.S. brand... You can probably find it under another name. Pretty much any cleanser that says "Oil-free," "non-comedogenic," "hypoallergenic," and "sensetive skin" on the label will do. I'm not a big fan of the "natural" cleansers like that one, just because there's a risk that one of the ingredients will produce some sort of reaction. I use Cetaphil, one of the main ingredients in glycerin. You can google it and find out what the other ingredients are and compare. When I switched to Cetaphil from Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash my skin got 10 times better because I was irritating it so much less.

As for college... I didn't get in to MIT, but tuition is nowhere near $80K. I go to an equally expensive and "prestigous" school (Ivy League) and tuition and expenses is around $40K/yr if you don't have any scholarships or financial aid.

I'm no expert on ingredients. You might try googling the ingredients in Cetaphil and look for a cleanser with identical or very similar ingredients.