Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thEneXtChaPter

My own advice, 1 pathetic thing about me..

Ok heres 1 pathetic thing,I'd like to know if anybody else is like this.. Im really good at giving advice, I give really good advice. The sad thing is, I could give really good advice to everyone, but I can't give any good advice to myself. And even worse, the advice I give other people, I can't even follow myself. I'll tell someone something positive or something like that, then Ican't even think positive myself. I could give other people advice and help them make decisions, yet I have a very hard time making my own decisions. My own quote is "Nobody Cares", but I can't even live by my own quote sometimes. Its pretty pathetic. Anybody else like this? Like If you see somebody on these forums all depressed, you'll give them positive insight to help them feel better, or you'll tell them things to help them boost their confidence, yet you can't even boost your own confidence at times, or go by the positive insights you give to other people. Anyone else like this? Or is it just me? Basically all im saying is, I can give good advice to other people, but I can't even give mself advice or follow my own advice (not on purpose, just at times I dont have the confidence to follow my own positive insights)

Ok heres 1 pathetic thing,I'd like to know if anybody else is like this.. Im really good at giving advice, I give really good advice. The sad thing is, I could give really good advice to everyone, but I can't give any good advice to myself. And even worse, the advice I give other people, I can't even follow myself. I'll tell someone something positive or something like that, then Ican't even think positive myself. I could give other people advice and help them make decisions, yet I have a very hard time making my own decisions. My own quote is "Nobody Cares", but I can't even live by my own quote sometimes. Its pretty pathetic. Anybody else like this? Like If you see somebody on these forums all depressed, you'll give them positive insight to help them feel better, or you'll tell them things to help them boost their confidence, yet you can't even boost your own confidence at times, or go by the positive insights you give to other people. Anyone else like this? Or is it just me? Basically all im saying is, I can give good advice to other people, but I can't even give mself advice or follow my own advice (not on purpose, just at times I dont have the confidence to follow my own positive insights)

basically yeah your right, everything is easier said than done...

yep sure do... im gr8 at givin advice... especially relationships... then i screw mine up... but im gettin better and following my own advice... seems good so far :D lol

Seriously - i just checked out your gallery with your posts from before about your skin looking bad in my head. I think it must be bdd pal cause your skin looks great and your also a good looking lad. Your skin looks like you never had acne and evn if you look flushed occasionaly thats better than having acne.

I can imagine it being difficult after scrutinising your face day after day in the end i think you see things that other people dont but no bullsh*t you skin is looking very good.

It maybe just going to take a little time after coming off acutane which takes a lot out of you for you to feel comfortable but just give yourself some time and stop worrying about your skin. whatever marks you do have in time will dissapear!

Guest TylerD

I couldnt agree more. I am also bad for this as well. But as said before "Easier Said then done."

my ultimate flaw! i give great advice..but i never follow it. Its far easier to help others than it is to help yourself.

but we'll all get there in time. it takes time to be who you feel comfortable being and to discover who that is

I agree. Being mildly hypocritical is part of being human. However, just remind yourself that if that great advice comes from inside of you, then it must LIVE inside of you and manifest itself within your life in many ways. I mean, logically speaking, if you can think up these anticdotes to aid others, that means in some way you are using them yourself, just not to the extent that you would like to?

I'm the same mate, always the first that people come to for advice if they have any problems but I can't help myself on anything. I'm just plain hopeless with myself. :(

Trying to get out of it though, and think about myself a bit more.

im the same way.. but i discovered a lil trick that works.. sometimes lol.. if i have a problem and want advice, then i just imagine a friend with a similar problem coming up to me for help, and think about what i would tell that friend, and then i just redirect the advice to myself.

you have to look at your problems objectively, even though it can oftentimes be SO difficult to separate yourself emotionally from them.

I mean, if someone is embarrased or to shy to go to a party, i'll tell them go, have a good time you'll only be young once who cares what anybody thinks of you. then I myself will hide out in my house and not go out in the same situation. Its pretty pathetic.

It's almost the same with everyone, at least to some degree. You can look at someone else's situation and tell them exactly what to do. But, you can't see yourself objectively. It's impossible for you to see yourself as others see you or the best route to take in a situation when you, yourself, are in it.