Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eddstaa

I'm A Teen Starting A Regimen!!

Hi am a 15 year old teenaged guy and I've had acne since I was 13 it really sucks alot.I ts not that bad you know but sometimes i have really bad breakouts and its ALWAYS on an important day. I work at the mall at this popular massage place called Aqua Massage and I have to be constantly be working with people and their always looking at my face but i usually just shake it off and think "I dont't care, its normal. WHAT IS IT A SIN TO HAVE ACNE!?" that is untill I see girls.

Thats when i start thinking "my face is so messed up!" and "are they looking at my pimples?". So I got tired of it i can't take it anymore. So I stayed up one night and found this website, it told me the items I had to buy so I bought them the next day.

I tried using the Neutrogena On the spot creme with 2.5% BP but it just makes me breakout more so i new that wouldent work and I rememberd I tried Clearasil Ulta Vanishing Acne Creme with 10% BP and that really worked on me. So I bought these Items

-Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion

-It hap no BP its with salicylic acid

-Clearasil Ultra Vanishing Creme

-10% BP

-Clean & Clear Oxygenating Facial Scub

-Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash

-Proactive lotion with SPF 15

-Curel Continuous Comfort

My Regimen Steps

AM

1.Wash face with Clean & Clear Oxygenating Facial Scub For 15 Seconds wash of with warm water

2.Wash Face with Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash for 10 seconds wash off with warm water

2.Dry face and wait about 2 minuts for all water to be gone

3.put a layer of Clearasil Ultra Vanishing Creme wait to dry

4.Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion wait to dry

5.Proactive lotion with SPF 15

PM

1.Wash face with Clean & Clear Oxygenating Facial Scub For 15 Seconds wash of with warm water

2.Wash Face with Clearasil Ultra Daily Face Wash for 10 seconds wash off with warm water

2.Dry face and wait about 2 minuts for all water to be gone

3.put a layer of Clearasil Ultra Vanishing Creme wait to dry

4.Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Lotion wait to dry

5.Curel Continuous Comfort

:surprised: So the first day I tried it i saw improvements in just about 8 hours!! I had lots of red bumps and white heads and when those 8 hours where gone my acne wasent that visible and it practicly wasent there!! I was like wow i thinkthis can work so am just gonna stay on it!! so Tell me what you think!! :pray:

Seems like a lot of products. If possible, it's always good to keep it simple and to stick with a cleanser, an acne-treating product, and then a moisturizer, but if your current regimen is working for you then there's absolutely no reason to change it.

EDIT: I see the Vanishing Creme is your BP product. I hear mixing salicylic acid with benzoyl peroxide is usually not a good thing, though it does work for some people. Just make sure you watch your acne carefully for a few weeks. Major acne lessening in 8 hours is pretty amazing and I'm slightly skeptical.

Well it may seem to be working at the start, but I think it's going to be too much for your skin if you keep that up. Salicylic acid and BP together are going to mess up your skin, and that's not even counting the scrub and other products you have in there. Would you consider simplifying your regimen to avoid any irritation and so that you're only using one medicated product at a time?

I was in the same boat as you, man, and I cleared up my face on the CSR.

Well my ance wasent major

I dident know that doing that can be bad for your skin?! Does it always start of good? I mean Schools gonna start in Septembver 5th and its my first year olf high school!! i dont want to go in with my face messed up!!

What Should I do take out the scrub?( but its for my scars it usually helps make them less visible)

Should I take out the BP or the Salicylic Acid?!?

I REALLY NEED HELP!?!? URGENT no that i see it little white heads pop up after about 1 hour or putting them both on!!!

what are good products for my face?!

I see regimens with these weird names i dont even know where to buy and stuff. and my diet it really difficult?!?!

:wall::wall::redface::cry::(

Well it may seem to be working at the start, but I think it's going to be too much for your skin if you keep that up. Salicylic acid and BP together are going to mess up your skin, and that's not even counting the scrub and other products you have in there. Would you consider simplifying your regimen to avoid any irritation and so that you're only using one medicated product at a time?

I was in the same boat as you, man, and I cleared up my face on the CSR.

is csr clear skin regimen?

whats

Spectrojel

WHATS BETTER GEL OR CREME FOR BP WHERE CANI GET THE GEL IS THAT LIKE THE PERSA GEL?

Not sure about the scrub, you may want to go to the Clear Skin Regimen page, look at the top of the page where it says 'product ratings', then find 'clear skin regimen recommended products' and look under 'cleansers'. To answer youre question, for most BP is far superior to SA. After you find a good cleanser, you should apply all the BP... and after waiting a few minutes, put on the moisturizer (making sure the moisturizer is non-comedogenic (wont cause acne)) Youre Regimen should look like this

1 Cleanser

2 BP

3 Moisturizer

You should do it day and night, though moisturizing at night is optional. Hope I helped.

Not sure about the scrub, you may want to go to the Clear Skin Regimen page, look at the top of the page where it says 'product ratings', then find 'clear skin regimen recommended products' and look under 'cleansers'. To answer youre question, for most BP is far superior to SA. After you find a good cleanser, you should apply all the BP... and after waiting a few minutes, put on the moisturizer (making sure the moisturizer is non-comedogenic (wont cause acne)) Youre Regimen should look like this

1 Cleanser

2 BP

3 Moisturizer

You should do it day and night, though moisturizing at night is optional. Hope I helped.

another thing i found out that my cleanser also contains salicylic acid in it :wall:

Hi and welcome!

I know at first this website can seem confusing and overwhelming. We'll help you out.

If your acne is mild to moderate, the Clear Skin Regimen can be very effective and many of us here us it.

First, read here for details:

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Basically, you need one gentle unmedicated cleanser, like Purpose bar or Purpose gentle cleanser (no scrubs or medicated 'acne' cleansers, they are often too harsh and can make the problem worse!), then you want to use that Neutrogena on-the-spot that you already bought, then you need an oil-free moisturizer (something like Neutrogena oil-free or Cetaphil lotion).

That's it, that is all you need!

Read through that link I gave you, watch the videos of Dan doing the regimen. And let us know if you need anymore help.

Here is the link for finding supplies:

http://www.acne.org/findingsupplies.php

Here are the many many success stories to help motivate you:

http://www.acne.org/success.php

One thing to keep in mind, treating acne can be an uphill battle for the first few months, it is important to hang in there and stick with it religiously and precisely. It requires diligence and lots of patience to stick with it each and every day. That will get you the best results.

We're here to help you every step of the way!

Good luck!