Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I decided to try out the regimen on my light acne. I'm using Cetaphil (sp?) cleanser and moisturizer and the on-the-spot acne treatment.

It's day two and there is a pretty bad burning sensation like a sun burn would feel on my upper cheeks just below my eyes. What's up with that?

Also, my face tends to be really red for some reason? (This is before the regimen, even when I wasn't doing anything to my face at all.)

I am really gentle and I do everything that the video format told me to. It can't be sun sensitivity because I was out yesterday but I was inside places, plus it's only day two. Hmm, help?

Too much BP? Possible allergy to BP?

I did use a lot the first day, and I lightened up on both the BP and moisturizer today. I'm not allergict to the BP, I've used it before.

I've always had the burning whenever I use anything on that area of my face and it goes away. I'm more worried about getting rid of the redness. It's as red as a Coca-Cola can in a perfect circle all around my face, but I know I've been very gentle, so I don't know what the deal is. I might go see a dermotoligist.

Thanks for the quick reply! :dance:

Some people are very sensitive to bp, but still can use it if you only use a tiny amount to begin with, and take your time working up to the full amount.

You may have started out with too much bp too soon.

Consider skipping the next application or two, then begin again using only a pea-sized amount once a day for the first week. If that is okay, use that same pea-sized amount twice a day for week two. And keep on going like that very slowly. Always use moisturizer to prevent dryness.

and keep it as far away from your undereye area as you can, since that particular spot seems very sensitive for you.

Otherwise, seeing a derm to get his/her opinion can be a good idea.