Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
freshstart

B5 and BP log

Me --> 7 active spots.. lots of redness.. very oily skin

I've tried the CSR .. it helped but it cause hyper pigmentation and made it longer for my redness to go away...

My regimen:

Morning:

Wash with Dan's cleanser

lots of BP on active spots

Moisturize

Evening:

Wash with Dan's cleanser

Moisturize

Vitamins 1.5gram in morning and 1.5grams at night.. want to increase to 10 grams in a week or so.

So will increase one gram per day.

Week 1

Day 1: 3 grams

I'm taking pics religiously and will post them after a week or so to see if there is any change at all..

Will keep updating

Good luck to everyone!

Here's to clear skin!

I just took 5 pills this morning.. boy were they hard to swallow!

And my stomach is reacting pretty badly to it.. :(

Hope that's a temporary thing.

As for my face.. its been 1.5 days so i'm not expecting any miracles..

but will give it another week or so and see if my face responds positively.

Here's hoping.

I just took 5 pills this morning.. boy were they hard to swallow!

And my stomach is reacting pretty badly to it.. :(

Hope that's a temporary thing.

As for my face.. its been 1.5 days so i'm not expecting any miracles..

but will give it another week or so and see if my face responds positively.

Here's hoping.

Did you take the pills with a meal? Don't take them on an empty stomach.

i know , i know ... i should have it with food..

but that would mean i would have to eat three times a day..

i just lead such a fast paced life... its so hard for me to do that..

but i will try to eat it with food whenever I can ... .

I'm upping the dosage to 8 grams tomorrow..

and i stopped using the Cetaphil moisturizer!! its horrible for people with oily skin already. ...

I'm conducting a little experiment of my own to see which moisturizer is the best out there for oily skin..

i'll keep u guys updated ...

here's to day 2..

c u guys again sooon

Me --> 7 active spots.. lots of redness.. very oily skin

I've tried the CSR .. it helped but it cause hyper pigmentation and made it longer for my redness to go away...

My regimen:

Morning:

Wash with Dan's cleanser

Moisturize

Evening:

Wash with Dan's cleanser

Moisturize

Vitamins 1.5gram in morning and 1.5grams at night.. want to increase to 10 grams in a week or so.

So will increase one gram per day.

Week 1

Day 1: 3 grams

I'm taking pics religiously and will post them after a week or so to see if there is any change at all..

Will keep updating

Good luck to everyone!

Here's to clear skin!

bp will work trust me

Its Day 4...

things are going slow and steady.. i think..

i keep getting new spots.. hopefully those will stop by the end of 2 weeks..

i'm at the 1st day of 10 grams...

should i just keep it at 10 grams or increase to 15 or 20?

thanks for everyone's support..

Day 6 i believe...

My existing spots are drying up quickly ... but i'm still getting new ones..

Should i keep going ??? i'm not sure if its working or not...

wats the best way to tell.... i mean wats the best way to tell if theres less oil or not.. ?

Day not sure wat .. but its been about 2 weeks..

finally some clearing.. but i still have a few spots on my right cheek.. and a couple on my left...

the worst thing now is the redness left behind all these spots from the last few weeks..

anyone suggest anything i can add to my regimen to get rid of the spots simulataneously??

i just dont want to do anything that brings about new spots yet cause from what I gather it is best to first get rid of active acne before working on the red spots..

more to come... hopefully with good news..

Hey I'm considering trying the Vit B5 soon also.. I got very oily skin but recently its dry. I think its a combination of Vitamin A supplements I've been taking plus using BP without moisturiser. My face is clearer but it's dry and flaky and in some spots where I didnt use BP there are small pimples forming. I think Vitamin A reduces oil production, but remember u gotta take it with other supplements (B complex, Zinc, Vit E, Vit C, Omega-3/6). As for your earlier question I dont like cetaphil coz its kinda too soft for oily skin type, I use a tea tree oil daily face wash for acne - made by Thursday plantation, but I think this is only available in Australia. Also, I think exercising always makes my skin worse - it makes my spots redder and I often get new pimples after intensive exercise. Anyways Good Luck with the B5!

B5 works for me. The only thing is that instead of the 2 months it is claimed to take, it took between 4 and 6 months to clear me.

The combination is very effective, but I decided to stop using BP a while ago because I felt it was aging my skin prematurely.

B5 works for me. The only thing is that instead of the 2 months it is claimed to take, it took between 4 and 6 months to clear me.

The combination is very effective, but I decided to stop using BP a while ago because I felt it was aging my skin prematurely.

Im about a week into B5 and i was wondering if anyones facing was drying up? my skin is peeling a bit...could this be from the b5?

Im about a week into B5 and i was wondering if anyones facing was drying up? my skin is peeling a bit...could this be from the b5?

B5 never gave me that kind of dryness. A week into it there's no way it would have affected you that much. Must be your cleanser or your topicals.

B5 never gave me that kind of dryness. A week into it there's no way it would have affected you that much. Must be your cleanser or your topicals.

Well, ive been taking two salt baths a day for about 10-15 and been soaking my face too....could this be it?

Well, ive been taking two salt baths a day for about 10-15 and been soaking my face too....could this be it?

I can't be sure, but that's a more likely culprit than the B5. If you can't stop taking the salt baths you should find a good moisturiser to use on your face afterwards. Make sure it's non-comedogenic.

I can't be sure, but that's a more likely culprit than the B5. If you can't stop taking the salt baths you should find a good moisturiser to use on your face afterwards. Make sure it's non-comedogenic.

I think its the salt baths, ill stop, its hurts to move my neck and my skin is so dry...its flaky too

alright so i was clear for a bit.. just red marks.. and then all of a sudden i broke out pretty badly on my left side... my once good side... now i have so many marks on both sides..

i'm feeling super bummed...

i spent so much money trying to come up with another solution.. cant understand why i broke out... the b5 / bp combo was working so well..

please anyone some encouragement or advice.. or sharing of experiences... how long before i give up on b5 ?? i'm losing the discipline to take it religiously ... having bad stomach pain / diarrhea too..

ahhh.. i have 10 days before seeing my gf again who was on vacation... sigh... why did i have to break out now! ...

well either way... will keep going... why quit now.. i guess

alright so i was clear for a bit.. just red marks.. and then all of a sudden i broke out pretty badly on my left side... my once good side... now i have so many marks on both sides..

i spent so much money trying to come up with another solution.. cant understand why i broke out... the b5 / bp combo was working so well..

please anyone some encouragement or advice.. or sharing of experiences... how long before i give up on b5 ?? i'm losing the discipline to take it religiously ... having bad stomach pain / diarrhea too..

ahhh.. i have 10 days before seeing my gf again who was on vacation... sigh... why did i have to break out now! ...

Stick with it, pepople sometimes get an initial breakout on B5, I am on B5 right now and I think I am experiencing some sort of inititial breakout... B5 is deceiveing someitmes haha it cleared me a little the first week and then this week not so much haha. Stick with it for at least 3 months, sometimes it take a while to do it's thing... I think the reason why it doesnt work for some people is because they arent patient enought to wait for the results.

Stick with it, pepople sometimes get an initial breakout on B5, I am on B5 right now and I think I am experiencing some sort of inititial breakout... B5 is deceiveing someitmes haha it cleared me a little the first week and then this week not so much haha. Stick with it for at least 3 months, sometimes it take a while to do it's thing... I think the reason why it doesnt work for some people is because they arent patient enought to wait for the results.

I'm on day 17 here and I had an initial breakout the first like 2 weeks. I was bummed also, but MANY people talk about this at the beginning. Just stick with it, you can read my log here if you'd like: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=111054 I have DEFINETLY seen some improvement in my skin since starting B5 and on 10g a day. Gives me optimisum to stick with it.

I'm on day 17 here and I had an initial breakout the first like 2 weeks. I was bummed also, but MANY people talk about this at the beginning. Just stick with it, you can read my log here if you'd like: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=111054 I have DEFINETLY seen some improvement in my skin since starting B5 and on 10g a day. Gives me optimisum to stick with it.

I think it depends on what type of acne you have whether or not you will get an initial breakout. The breakout can come at any time within the first 3 months... haha which sucks but I guess it's what you gotta go through.

thanks everyone.. you guys are all great!!! simply great!!!

i will stick with it.. .10 grams.. nothing to lose.. i had pimples before and i will have them even if B5 doesnt work.. so might as well try...

i just wish there was some way of knowing if it was working... ????

any sort of oil test or something.. ? to see if it is actually less oil on the face or not?

let me konw if you guys know of anything.. it might be helpful for many and give additional motivation..

and if i didnt mention it b4 .. you guys are all great.. hope you guys stick with it too.. and may all ur faces be clear as a clear blue sky... ok im going nuts thinking about acne all day...

i'm going to sleep.. late