Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Into my 3rd month on Accutane (about half way through my 3rd month actually), and I've noticed something.

I'm no longer getting new pimples/zits/cysts/nodules, whatever you want to call them.

However, every one that I've gotten in the past 6 months is still on my face in one form or another (raning from a small bump to an active, larger red pimple). Has anyone else noticed/experienced this while on accutane?

Into my 3rd month on Accutane (about half way through my 3rd month actually), and I've noticed something.

I'm no longer getting new pimples/zits/cysts/nodules, whatever you want to call them.

However, every one that I've gotten in the past 6 months is still on my face in one form or another (raning from a small bump to an active, larger red pimple). Has anyone else noticed/experienced this while on accutane?

whats your dosage?

40 mg a day for the first month, 80 mg / day since.

The derm. also mentioned the possibility of upping the dosage further if necessary - perhaps its simply that?

40 mg a day for the first month, 80 mg / day since.

The derm. also mentioned the possibility of upping the dosage further if necessary - perhaps its simply that?

hmm... maybe

just dont pick at it, use aloe vera gel maybe... is your skin dry?

Yup, kinda dried out. Starting to use moisturizer more often though (cetaphil) - hopefully it will help.

Would adding aloe on top of (or below) the moisturizer help even more? if so, is there any difference between the many forms of aloe out there on the market? (aka would a gel be better than say a lotion or cream?)

Yup, kinda dried out. Starting to use moisturizer more often though (cetaphil) - hopefully it will help.

Would adding aloe on top of (or below) the moisturizer help even more? if so, is there any difference between the many forms of aloe out there on the market? (aka would a gel be better than say a lotion or cream?)

im not sure, i know that aloe vera gel has skin healing properties, that moisturizers probably dont.

I had the same problem, what you describe is dead or half dead zits. for me all accutane did is prevention, the existing stuff either healed on its own, or my derm or me popped them. I'm clear now except some red marks but yeah those will heal and if you are already on 1mg/kg upping your dose won't help much. It can be upped to 2mg/kg but that's in extreme cases like if your skin looks like you got acid spilled on it :wacko:

Thats the problem - all of them have popped (most of them multiple times), and yet they remain. perhaps it will just take time, but its frustrating, as most of them have been there for ~6 months or so.