Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest blackheadben

why do I keep breaking out????

Guest blackheadben

I have my regimen in my signature, so look there for tips on it, but here is the makeup I am using:

Neutrogena Healthy Skin oil free liquid foundation

Maybelline Everfresh liquid concealer

CG Smoothers concealer stick

Maybelline Pure. concealer pen

CG Loose powder

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong!!! I can't stop breaking out!! I will try to convince my mom to buy me some of the neutrogena healthy skin face lotion for night at tatrget tommorrow to see if it helps. Please, if anyone can, why am I having such a problem w/ tiny red pimples everywhere that leave horrible macules behind? I am trying to follow the regimen as closely as possible but I still break out!! help!! The only thing I can think of is that I use barbasol shaving cream instead of face wash. Could this be why? most of my pimples are in the places you shave, e.g., everywhere but the forehead.

yea try foaming up some face wash and using that as shaving cream.. also make sure u rub in the bp same way in the video til its like completely dry i used to slack on that and kept breaking out... i started slacking again and i broke out bad recently i gotta get really religious with it again

I have my regimen in my signature, so look there for tips on it, but here is the makeup I am using:

Neutrogena Healthy Skin oil free liquid foundation

Maybelline Everfresh liquid concealer

CG Smoothers concealer stick

Maybelline Pure. concealer pen

CG Loose powder

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong!!! I can't stop breaking out!! I will try to convince my mom to buy me some of the neutrogena healthy skin face lotion for night at tatrget tommorrow to see if it helps. Please, if anyone can, why am I having such a problem w/ tiny red pimples everywhere that leave horrible macules behind? I am trying to follow the regimen as closely as possible but I still break out!! help!! The only thing I can think of is that I use barbasol shaving cream instead of face wash. Could this be why? most of my pimples are in the places you shave, e.g., everywhere but the forehead.

It sounds like you are using quite a lot of make up. Maybe cut down on that for a bit, give your face a chance to breath. Make up makes it quite hard for your pores to breath, especially a lot of heavy foundation. Is it possible to stick to just one foundation and a coat of powder?

-Sarah

I don't know about the makeup (though I use the same loose powder and have no problems with it), but you really shouldn't be using two fat lines of CSR gel every night! That's way too much BP, especially if you have mild acne. If you're using BP only on your face, then you shouldn't be going through a tube any faster than every two weeks or so. Cut back the night BP application to one fat finger instead of two and hopefully this will reduce any acne cause by skin irritation. Trust me, I have pretty persistent inflammatory acne and this is definitely enough to keep it at bay.

Also, the Olay active hydrating cream sounds suspect, unless you're just using it around your eyes. I looked it up and it says its non-comedogenic, but there is no regulation for that labeling, and that little jar of cream certainly looks like it would break me out. Petrolatum is one of the first ingedients listed, and I've seen it classified as both comedogenic and non-comedogenic, depending on the source. In small quantities, whatever, but as one of the primary ingredients in a facial treatment...not so good for acne-prone skin.

Clay masks are rather pointless. I used to put them on my face hoping that they would dry out all my acne and make my skin smooth and even, but they never did anything besides make me FEEL like I was doing something good for my face, whether I actually was or not. What do you hope to accomplish by using a mask three times a week?

I agree with one of the comments above about using too much BP at night. One fat finger should be enough.

One suggestion regarding your makeup routine- you might want to try a mineral makeup such as Everyday Minerals (you can order samples online and you just pay shipping which is just under $4) or Physicians Formula Mineral Wear foundation (which you can find in stores such as Target, Wal-Mart, or your local drug store). Mineral Makeup can offer great coverage without all the added fillers in regular makeup that can break you out. It is also much lighter and allows your skin to breathe better.

Guest blackheadben

Okay, I bought the neutrogena healthy skin face lotion for night at target today and will only use 1 line of bp gel tonight. I really don't wear that much makeup, just a dab here and a dab here. Not much at all. I used some cleanser instead instead of shaving cream this morning and it, surprisingly, worked well. Let's just see how it works in the long run.

Good luck Ben! I know you've been having trouble finding good products and a good regimen for your skin, and let's hope this works out for you. I think you'll really like the NHSFL...I'm finally running out of my first bottle of it over two months later, and it really has improved my complexion.

blackheadben,

I gotta agree with what everyone else has said, you do seem to have a lot of cosmetics involved here. As a general rule, the fewer the better when it comes to makeup. Do be sure that each product you are using says oil-free and non-comedogenic somewhere in the lable. And do be sure that none of them are medicated (sometimes foundations will have SA sneaked in them and marketed to help with acne). Otherwise, see if you can eliminate some of that stuff! Some of your breakout issues might be with the fact that you are putting so many things onto your skin.

also, how long have you been on the Regimen? If you are still in the first few months, hang in there and keep doing it religiously.

But I really think you should consider eliminating some of those cosmetics products first, since you mentioned having so many tiny red bumps, that makes me think something is irritating you.

and yes, the Barbasol shave cream might not be ideal. See if you can shave with the foam/lather from your cleanser.

Good luck!

Guest blackheadben

I will say it again: I don't wear that much makeup!! Just a little here and a little there. I use foundation if it is a "light spot" and concealer if it is a "heavy" spot. I also do not use any cosmetics w/ SA in it except the pure. concealor. I really don't even use the pure. one that much because the coverage sucks!! EVERYONE, WASTE OF MONEY, DO NOT BUY!!!

I have been on the regimen for almost a year. I am just tired of waiting for results. I seem to have a week here or there were I won't break out, but that is not the norm.

Well, my new, updated regimen is below, I used the healthy skin lotion for the first time tonight and it didn't burn like I thought it would. It just tingled a little.