Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A sadness I can't erase

I got all dressed up to go out this morning,

im sorry iv done that all this week. just staying inside hanging out on the org and watching tv. yup i know how ya feel :cry:

then I caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror - in natural sunlight. Let's just say I'm staying in today.

Aw, I know it's way easier to say than do, but you have to make it a goal not to let your face stop you right before you go out. My face DEFINITELY looks worse in some mirrors compared with others. I always use my bathroom mirror to look at myself right before I go out though cuz the room has a red tint and it makes my face look slightly better than any other mirror.

then I caught a glimpse of my face in the mirror - in natural sunlight. Let's just say I'm staying in today.

I can't stand whennI used to do that. And if I didn't stay in, I'd go out anyway and have a miserable time, because I was feeling horrible the whole time. I just hate when that happens. Just try not to notice it next time so you can go out and have fun.

how about when you get home and you feel great then you look in the mirror and see a huge whitehead =/

"WHOA i've been walking around all day with THAT?"

no one cares, just go out XD

To echo other people's thoughts here, I know it's easier sadi than done, but try not to let acne keep you from doing the things in life you want or need to do--even if it's only as simple as stepping outside of your house and going for a nice walk.

You're self conscious about your acne right? Afraid everyone will notice, that every time someone looks at you - on the bus, in the street, in a store, etc. - that they're just staring at your pimples and judging you. I've been there when I was younger (27 now), and over time I've realised something: In the past, when I was shy and self-conscious I just wanted to hide myself from everyone, and when I did go out I carried myself in a way that reflected this. You know, head down, shoulders hunched, furtive darting eyes that could never look someone directly in the eye, and a depressed look on my face. I was trying to make myself as samll as possible (as small as I felt), but what I didn't realize until later, when i saw this behaviour in others, is that all these actions, rather than deflecting attention actual draw more attention to you. People notice that you look suspicious or self-conscious and that's when they maybe stare, to try and figure out what it is you're trying to hide.

Instead, and this is the hard part, try walking around standing tall and confident, and smile. People honestly notice smiles more than pimples, especially when it's a stranger walking down the street, or a customer buying something in a store. It sounds so cheesey, I know, but if you can even try this as an experiment one day, to compare to your normal experience, you might just be surprised.

To echo other people's thoughts here, I know it's easier sadi than done, but try not to let acne keep you from doing the things in life you want or need to do--even if it's only as simple as stepping outside of your house and going for a nice walk.

You're self conscious about your acne right? Afraid everyone will notice, that every time someone looks at you - on the bus, in the street, in a store, etc. - that they're just staring at your pimples and judging you. I've been there when I was younger (27 now), and over time I've realised something: In the past, when I was shy and self-conscious I just wanted to hide myself from everyone, and when I did go out I carried myself in a way that reflected this. You know, head down, shoulders hunched, furtive darting eyes that could never look someone directly in the eye, and a depressed look on my face. I was trying to make myself as samll as possible (as small as I felt), but what I didn't realize until later, when i saw this behaviour in others, is that all these actions, rather than deflecting attention actual draw more attention to you. People notice that you look suspicious or self-conscious and that's when they maybe stare, to try and figure out what it is you're trying to hide.

Instead, and this is the hard part, try walking around standing tall and confident, and smile. People honestly notice smiles more than pimples, especially when it's a stranger walking down the street, or a customer buying something in a store. It sounds so cheesey, I know, but if you can even try this as an experiment one day, to compare to your normal experience, you might just be surprised.

thats some good advice.. i guess we're all guilty at one time or another of using our zits as a 'stay at home' ticket whenever they pop up.

it takes some courage to step out at these times, but you're right. -and as quoted in fight club "this is your life and its ending one minute at a time" fucking scary if you think about it but fucking true as well.

to be honest, i don't think many people notice acne right away. well.. not until they're like 3 feet away from you, then you'll have something to worry about. and even then, theyll probably get over it

ive done that so many times

even taking a day off work and dreaming up a wierd excuse so i didnt have to go

all coz of my face

oh what a joyous life we lead.

but everyone is right,

you do have to be strong.

its hard to accept and do but its the right thing also.

strength is the key.

will yourself out the door

Im too tired and angry to stay in because of acne anymore, i just go out now and forget about acne, because im at the point where i just can't waiste anymore time on acne.. I try to go out now and walk with my head up.

While I can releate to this everyday attitude. I just don't see the point in walking around with your head high or boldness in posture with smile on your face as if nothing is wrong, when in reality something is wrong or is a problem. (Acne)

In my opinion, it would make me seem "fraudulent.".