Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
uksnowboarder

How I got rid of my bacne..

Hello guys

OK. This is going to be a bit of a long read. So go and make yourself a cup of tea.

I could have posted this as a reply to the many other threads on this board about bacne, but I wanted it in its own topic so that nobody missed it.

So.. I had severe bacne. Im not talking about 1 or 2 spots here and there. I mean cysts and spots all over between my shoulder blades and on my shoulders. It got to a point where I couldnt even put my shoulders back, nevermind wear a backpack. Very painful. Sleeping was a nightmare.

I tried lot of things including Harley Street derms who only made it worse. I tried sea salt for a week, but I didnt have the time or patience to take a bath every day.

So after reading posts on here about exfoliation and Head and Shoulders (H&S) shampoo FOR MEN, I decided to come up with a regimen and give it a shot. Its important that it has to be the Men's shampoo as I couldnt see the "Contains Zinc" label on any of the others.

And here is my regimen:

Active Bacne

1. Wash back and shoulders in the shower with H&S by hand. Be gentle.

2. Rinse off completley. Do your normal shower routine elsewhere on your body.

3. Just before you get out of the shower, wash your back and shoulders again with H&S by hand, but this time DO NOT rinse off. Just pat the back and shoulders with your towel. The point of this is to leave a film of H&S on your skin throughout the day so that the Zinc can do its stuff.

4. Do not dry your back and shoulders with a towel totally. Let them air dry. The water will dry off and the H&S will be left behind, making your skin feel a little tight. This is ok.

When the Active Bacne has calmed down

1. Same as above, but instead of washing by hand (step 1), use a back brush. Im from the UK and have bought a very good one from Muji for about £7. Its not too soft or hard. Spend a little time brushing around your shoulders and back with this in the shower. I normally apply the H&S by hand and spread around to lather it up a little. Then I use the brush.

2, 3, 4. As above.

I am left with marks now, but I am hoping they will fade in time, or fade via brushing. The most important thing, my back and shoulders are no longer bumpy. I dont feel a single bump. Feels so smooth! I think this may be due to the brushing.

OK, I just thought I would share this with you guys. If it worked for me, it can work for you. Good luck! Feel free to ask any questions.

:angel:

for the active acne to die down, id say i saw results in about 2 weeks.

for my back and shoulders to become nice and smooth, id say about a week.

i onlt performed the regimen in the morning. occasionally at night also. but i think once a day is enough.

Good luck!

When I read on this forum about H&S from other people I thought "this is a load of bull.. how can shampoo help me if harley street derms cant???". But I was really surprised at the results.

It takes patience. Keep at it and you will see results.

Good luck!

When I read on this forum about H&S from other people I thought "this is a load of bull.. how can shampoo help me if harley street derms cant???". But I was really surprised at the results.

I feel you man. I have also been using the H&S and I'm seeing radical results as well!!

The thing is I'm also using a Sea Salt/ACV/Water solution that I apply after I shower. But yea patience is definately key. After three weeks of this regime I have 90% scars and 10% unoticeable active marks. :)

vitamin B5 gets rid of bacne, it got rid of mine, and others have said it cleared theirs as well

Good luck!

I feel you man. I have also been using the H&S and I'm seeing radical results as well!!

The thing is I'm also using a Sea Salt/ACV/Water solution that I apply after I shower. But yea patience is definately key. After three weeks of this regime I have 90% scars and 10% unoticeable active marks. :)

yeh its amazing isnt it.. ?

your sea salt/acv/water solution.. do you mix that up in a spray bottle or something and just spray onto your back once its dry? ive heard about acv.. does it help scarring? and... does it smell?!

mmm, head and shoulders works straight up... but i do remember erading it was afor a certain kind of acne... blah whatever.... it works so well i use it allmost obsessively(leave the stuff on my back like 30 min in the morn while im grabiing breakfast etc}, but my back is totally clear and dead sexy.... i guess it doesnt hurt that i also use a strong bp soap bar and salicycilic acid bodywash as well.... obsessive? vain?... actually yeah i am but whatever right... as long as it works

yea I mix it in a spray bottle and apply it with a paper towel. It doesn't really smell, I guess cause the acv is sort of diluted. I wear it to bed and during the day and wash with H&S. Its pretty much equal portions of water and acv, make sure that its salty though with the ss. It should probably leave a white residue on your skin when it dries.

Good Luck!!

p.s. I'm also doing a little bit of tanning to speed up the fading process of my scars.

i hear you guys.. im an addict to H&S also.. I went to the supermarket yesterday and they had ran out of large bottles.. i was mortified! They had a small bottle though :dance:

i will try the acv and salt water solution soon. i just need something to fade these marks now. thats why i went to harley street in the first place. to remove marks. they only gave me more, worse than ever bacne.

if anyone has any idea on how to fade bacne marks quickly, then it would be awesome to know!

cheers.

i hear you guys.. im an addict to H&S also.. I went to the supermarket yesterday and they had ran out of large bottles.. i was mortified! They had a small bottle though :dance:

i will try the acv and salt water solution soon. i just need something to fade these marks now. thats why i went to harley street in the first place. to remove marks. they only gave me more, worse than ever bacne.

if anyone has any idea on how to fade bacne marks quickly, then it would be awesome to know!

cheers.

uhhh, well microdermabrasion(if i spelled that right)... or perhaps a chemical peel, but those elave ur back kind of red for a bit, i hear they work rather well tho, if u just wanna cover marks up u could just go tanning but thats more of a temp solution

could you link me to the exact type of H&S you use? I have like 15 different types at my store. I just want to be sure I get the right one.

could you link me to the exact type of H&S you use? I have like 15 different types at my store. I just want to be sure I get the right one.

Get the one called "classic clean" it works for me anyway.

Get the one called "classic clean" it works for me anyway.

One thing I don't do is leave it on after showering, I rinse it off, however you should leave it on for at least a couple of minutes before rinsing. If putting some more on and leaving it helps, maybe try it, it might depend on how severe it is. It seems to help my face as well, but I still use BP once in a while. As a side note, since I've been using it my under arms to wash, again, leaving it on for a couple minutes, I never need deoderant anymore, it must kill all the bacteria ;)

Hi i just started the regime 2 days ago, however I bought H and S intensive care (blue bottle) will this suffice??? or should I just by the regular stuff, there are so many variations which one should I get?? Also when I wash the second time, and let dry, I dont see any film or anything it looks like its completely vanished? am I doing this right? maybe its my robe that I wear? maybe I should just let it all dry before putting anything on? Please help! thanks guys!

I gotta post, I started using H&S (well, a generic brand, with same ingredients) and after about a week, I don't think it did my skin any good. It COULD be because it was the generic, but. . . I don't know.

Anyway, I washed with it, and left it on to dry on my skin. I did it twice a day - morning and night - for 6 days.

At that time, I began to see *almost* what looked to be a rash forming on my back, about where my shoulder blades are. The skin was blotchy, no acne, but it didn't look healthy.

So I stopped. I also experienced worse acne on my shoulders during the experiment, I'm not sure whether it was a purging effect, or other triggers that caused it.

This was my last try before going back to a bodywash with BP in it. I didn't want to deal with the BP bodywash because it bleaches everything; but I'm just going to have to. It works pretty well, and definitely better than the H&S for me.

Best of luck to you all.

PS I also used a salicylic wash during the test. It could be that it began to irritate my skin, but since it never has before, I don't think that's the case. I will continue to use the salicylic wash since it's proven to help acne.

Hi i just started the regime 2 days ago, however I bought H and S intensive care (blue bottle) will this suffice??? or should I just by the regular stuff, there are so many variations which one should I get?? Also when I wash the second time, and let dry, I dont see any film or anything it looks like its completely vanished? am I doing this right? maybe its my robe that I wear? maybe I should just let it all dry before putting anything on? Please help! thanks guys!

yes dont put a robe or anything on. just let it dry and then put a robe on.

Hi uksnowboarder

Did you have bad body acne before trying this regimen then, has it kept the acne away since you started, i take it this regimen can be used anywhere on the body, back/chest etc.?

What THE HELL! I had bacne ( not that much, maybe 4-6 pimples at the time) and I started using Head&Shoudlers on my back and 2 weeks later i'm completely clear. haha :dance: