Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XTheGod

So how did u deal with going to school

wore make up, checked it after EVERY class period, brought ALL my makeup in a little bag EVERY DAY.. and I mean ALL...and I looked and felt like shit basically..

and it's always fun when your makeup has a random disaster on your face and you go to check it in the mirror and you're like "What the?!!" then QUICK try to fix it (with 10+ other girls in the bathroom at the same time using the same mirror)as quick as possible.. and who can forget when people give you hugs and your face rubs off on their black shirt, or when people accidently hit you in the face with something and you freak out.. I remember when some person one day opened their water bottle.. crushed the center as hard as possible.. you know like a stress relieving toy.. and that large portion of water sprayed all over my face in the middle of the day...

then there are the times when people point out the pimple in the middle of your forehead and say oh.. if you paint it red you'll be like a girl in india or something.. agh.. people are idiots..

and school is MUCH harder with acne than it with clear skin probably.. so many more worries.. so much more time getting ready which means less sleep.. people making comments on your make up and your skin.. it sucks

yea its the truth about the school is so much harder its like i try not to think about my acne/acne scars but its always on my mind.

I try to go to the bathroom to check my face in the mirror, and when I do, I wait until the bathroom is empty lol.

Well mainly makeup in the morning did the job. But every once in a while I would go and check it out during breaks as my skin tends to get oily during the day. I would just tap my skin with a tissue and hope for the best.

Also, when I left home and knew my skin wasn't in a good day I would really hope nobody at school would say something about it. Cause you know, when you're in highschool most of the cool people tend to judge you by what you look like and always comment on your appereance. Usually the comments people made while I was at school or simply walking on the street got me really down. Now I'm just trying to stay positive and hope this acne problem will eventually go away... :pray:

I think I've blocked it out, cuz I really have no recollection. Or maybe it's just that it was SO long ago for me. (i'm 36). I remember in college not going on a field trip becuase I had just had a facial and it left me skin inflamed and angry. I also remember going on accutane and having horrendous, painful breakouts, but I have no idea how I handled it. I had a big roomgroup, so I couldn't hide out for very long...and I'm telling you, my skin was BAD at times. ANd I'm very self conscious about it. Somehow I survived.

I just went to class, and didn't look to socialize with anyone I kept to myself, I only spoke to a few people I was friends with and that was it. I used to hate walking into class late, because I didn't want to come in in front of everyone lookin as bad as I did at times, so alot of times if i was running late to class i would just cut so i didn't have to walk in front of everyone. However one time I had to do a 10 minute speech in front of the class on a hard topic that was hard to discuss, anyway my face looked awful that day, and i was embarrased, but surprisingly, I was able to talk in front of the class with no problem, my stupid teacher kept askin me a million questions while i was in front of the class and i answered them calmly and i spoke loud and all. I was very surprised with myself afterwards.

ha yall! im doe with highschool!

now just college where everyone bummin it anyway.

That's my case now too :D

Unfortunatley, I'm still in school, but I'd say concealer helped me forget about my acne. I can never go to school without concealer on. Or I'd feel like everyone could see my red marks. I hate it when you're talking to someone and then they'd flicker their eyes up to your zit.

I usually go to the bathroom about 4 times a day during school to look at my skin i avoided certain people if it was bad. Other than that i hanged on with the ones that accepted me. This school year was ok i accomplished more than last year.

But i also remember the same people that had acne bad as me were going to the same restroom constantly like me

srry forgot to post this before

Im just curious about the other highschool students in my school they locked the upstairs bathroom and bottom bathroom at certain times and the only one available in the school was the one by the cafeteria. Has anyone else had this occur

yea i hid in the bathroom at times for lunch my hyperpigmenation were really bad it didnt start to clear up until about the 2nd semester in school.

There are no mirrors in the guy's washroom in my school.......but, most of the time i can get through the day w/ no worries (w/ moderate acne....i dunno how i do it). :wacko: What can i say? I guess the kids in a Catholic high school are less jugemental. :eh: BUT when my friends start trying to "help me"...THATS when I feel more self-conscience for the day. :doubt:

i had face problems all through high school i had melasma my freshman year

sophomore year i had melasma still

junior year had it for most of the year i got clear for about a month

i had actually became a stud girls started looking my way people started talking to me that never talked to me before

summer break came got post inflammatory hyperpigmentation

senior year came didnt really enjoy it cause of pih people looked dissappointed in me same people that talked to me stopped talking to me only the friends i had when i had melasma talked to me. and i was on the obagi nu derm system for the 2nd semester of school i was looking pretty gross (its a bitch trying to fix ur face and go to school at the same time)

i didnt graduate i probably wasnt going to graduate because i needed to pass geometry and algebra pt2

i am cleared right now getting ready to go back to school happy as ever if i had pics I'LL show u went through hell to get to heaven :)

well i am going back to school in a few weeks any advice

i have a feeling people are going to try to tease me on how i was LOOKING.

well i am going back to school in a few weeks any advice

i have a feeling people are going to try to tease me on how i was LOOKING.

If it is possible, try to have confidence and not pay attention to your skin?

It's so hard to do.. and I don't think I have it in me to do.. but if it can be done.. it will be easier..

There are no mirrors in the guy's washroom in my school.......but, most of the time i can get through the day w/ no worries (w/ moderate acne....i dunno how i do it). :wacko: What can i say? I guess the kids in a Catholic high school are less jugemental. :eh: BUT when my friends start trying to "help me"...THATS when I feel more self-conscience for the day. :doubt:

I think Catholic school was worse. Atleast mine was...it was filled with rich snobs. I had more friends at the public highschool, but since I was Catholic my parents made me go :mad:

I kept to myself and only socialized with my group of friends. I didn't talk much in class and I wouldn't make eye contact; some friends of mine (who are no longer my friends) used to tease me for looking down all the time. Presentations were hell..I would shake and my mouth would get dry. I wouldn't leave the house w/o foundation.

Thank God I'm in College now :)

For me, college is definitely less stressful than highschool. Maybe it's just me, but everyone seems alot more accepting/don't care about other peoples appearances.