Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lucy mum

Had my 1st micro done

have you done glycolic peels in the past? if so, did you see more inprovement with micro? also, how long ago did you have it done? did you break out after? were the results instant.

Microdermabrasion won't treat scars, the 1% improvement is probably just irritation. If your skin is thin you shouldn't even get it done! It may help unclog pores as best.

1-3% improvement on scars. 5-8% improvement on overall skin texture

May I ask when you had your micro done???

If you had it in the last couple of days I really doubt you can see the results inmidiately. Are you sure it isn't the swelling? I've experienced and read that if micro helps improve your skin tone, the result is cummulative and gradual only to a certain point. And then your skin returns to its previous stage. In other words, to see any SKIN TONE improvement , you'll need 4~5 treatments and the results are not permanent. Honestly, I think micro does absolutely nothing for scars. It's only a waste of time and money, but if you think you've obtained (ALREADY) 3% improvement, I'm happy for you.

How do you manage to come up with these crazy percentages? How do you measure the improvement?

How do you manage to come up with these crazy percentages? How do you measure the improvement?

Crazy people like me loves to estimate crazily. The redness subside and so is the 1% improvement.

1-3% improvement on scars. 5-8% improvement on overall skin texture

May I ask when you had your micro done???

If you had it in the last couple of days I really doubt you can see the results inmidiately. Are you sure it isn't the swelling? I've experienced and read that if micro helps improve your skin tone, the result is cummulative and gradual only to a certain point. And then your skin returns to its previous stage. In other words, to see any SKIN TONE improvement , you'll need 4~5 treatments and the results are not permanent. Honestly, I think micro does absolutely nothing for scars. It's only a waste of time and money, but if you think you've obtained (ALREADY) 3% improvement, I'm happy for you.

The 1-3 % reduces to nothing the next day when swelling subsides. Sad

Microdermabrasion won't treat scars, the 1% improvement is probably just irritation. If your skin is thin you shouldn't even get it done! It may help unclog pores as best.

I am cheated

have you done glycolic peels in the past? if so, did you see more inprovement with micro? also, how long ago did you have it done? did you break out after? were the results instant.

No peels before. Might consider if I can find one in my country