Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a few whiteheads that have just reached the head, and are basically ready to pus out. I was wondering if showering is safe to do, or will it just clean the pus on top, and leave the pimple, leaving the pimple to stay for longer developing more white heads in the future. My showers are long (Over 30 minutes) and usually with hot water, usually popping all the pimples that are surfacing, due to the heat.

Should I shower or should I wait for them to go away on their own by tomorrow?

I'm on accutane and the left side of my face has just broken out like mad (no new pimples, but the ones that were deep in, have recently come up, and I usually wake up with some spots with encrusted blood (nasty stuff). I was wondering if I should let them heal, by either taking really short showers or not showing at all for 2 to 3 days.

Please help.

I went on acutane about 3 years ago, and found that clearing will occur on its own within the first few months. I am a notorious picker, however I would reccomend just leaving them to dissolve on their own.

I have a few whiteheads that have just reached the head, and are basically ready to pus out. I was wondering if showering is safe to do, or will it just clean the pus on top, and leave the pimple, leaving the pimple to stay for longer developing more white heads in the future. My showers are long (Over 30 minutes) and usually with hot water, usually popping all the pimples that are surfacing, due to the heat.

Should I shower or should I wait for them to go away on their own by tomorrow?

I'm on accutane and the left side of my face has just broken out like mad (no new pimples, but the ones that were deep in, have recently come up, and I usually wake up with some spots with encrusted blood (nasty stuff). I was wondering if I should let them heal, by either taking really short showers or not showing at all for 2 to 3 days.

Please help.

Don't wash you face with hot water, it will irritate your skin more. Expecially now that your on accutane, your skin is going to be even more sensitive.

In response to your last question: yes, do let your face heal, and maybe wash it a bit less than you used to before accutane because your skin is drying out a lot right so if you wash it a lot, this will probably also irritate your skin (it did for me)