Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
handsbella

How to make Carrot Juice

Hi, I plan to drink pure carrot juice daily as replacement for the herb supplements.

But I have few questions:

(1). The RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) for carotene is 5,000 IU, but raw carrot daily provides about 13,500 units of carotene. So I dont know how much of carrot should I use daily?

(2). Since carrot is a type of vegetable, so means carrot is safe to be taken daily in long term?

(3). Is it safe to take the carrot raw? pesticide?

Anyone has good or bad experiences with carrot juice?

Appreciate any opinion, please. Thank you very much.

regards

Bella

If you drink too much your skin will develop a slightly orangish tint to it.

Carrot juice is great for you and tastes good too, especially when mixed with ginger. I've taken up to 32 oz in a day without any ill effects. You might not be able to take that much, so you should experiment until your comfortable.

From a nutritional standpoint you will be fine with 1 serving per day of it. Your body will convert the Beta Carotene to Vitamin A very readily by your liver given that your liver is not impaired.

1) You can't really overdose on beta-carotene. But I don't think you need more than a cup (8 ounces) of carrot juice a day.

2) Pretty much yeah... though I doubt you will need to drink it every day for the rest of your life. Carrot juice is very cleansing... the effects of it aren't just temporary. I drank it every day for a week and it permanently cured my very bad forehead acne.

3) Yes of course it's safe. If you get organic carrots, there's no pesticides. But you can use either really. I usually just get regular (not organic) carrots and peel them before juicing/eating them.

1. Digestion and nutrient wise: is juicing of vegetables and fruits more beneficial?

2. I remember reading on these forums that rapid blade movement of juicer causes a change in "protein structure." Anyone cares to elaborate?

just buy it already made

Look for the bolthouse brand in the produce section or perhaps at your local health food supplier

i personally believe carrot juice cleared up my bacne!!!!!

If you drink too much your skin will develop a slightly orangish tint to it.

Carrot juice is great for you and tastes good too, especially when mixed with ginger. I've taken up to 32 oz in a day without any ill effects. You might not be able to take that much, so you should experiment until your comfortable.

From a nutritional standpoint you will be fine with 1 serving per day of it. Your body will convert the Beta Carotene to Vitamin A very readily by your liver given that your liver is not impaired.

Hi, Casenickles, thank you for your reply.

Thanks for your advices. Every body reacts differently. I will try little bit by bit.

May I ask? When you said "I've taken up to 32 oz in a day", do you mean 32oz is the pure carrot juice without adding any water yet??

When you make carrot juice, do we need to add water? Do you add ginger? How much? Could you please describe steps by steps? Please, I hope it does not spend much of your time. Please...

1) You can't really overdose on beta-carotene. But I don't think you need more than a cup (8 ounces) of carrot juice a day.

2) Pretty much yeah... though I doubt you will need to drink it every day for the rest of your life. Carrot juice is very cleansing... the effects of it aren't just temporary. I drank it every day for a week and it permanently cured my very bad forehead acne.

3) Yes of course it's safe. If you get organic carrots, there's no pesticides. But you can use either really. I usually just get regular (not organic) carrots and peel them before juicing/eating them.

Hi, Leah, thank you for your post.

1. You mean you only drink for a week only? After that, you stopped??

2. You mean if we can get the organic carrot, we do not need to peel the outer layer? How about the regular carrot (not organic)?

3. How to know how much ounces is equal to 5,000 IU?

just buy it already made

Look for the bolthouse brand in the produce section or perhaps at your local health food supplier

i personally believe carrot juice cleared up my bacne!!!!!

Hello, AutonomousOne1980, thanks for your reply.

How frequent you take carrot juice? How long you take to see the carrot juice has good effects on your back acne?

So, means you have been drinking the already-made carrot juice all the ways?? It makes no difference with the self-made carrot juice??

This is what I kow:

Juice Therapy

Fresh fruit juices can be very helpful for those with varicose veins. Dark-colored berries such as cherries, blackberries and blueberries contain anthocyanins and proanthocyanidins, pigments that tone and strengthen the walls of the veins. Pineapples are rich in the enzyme bromelain, which helps prevent blood clots, an uncommon but serious complication of varicose veins.

Juicing provides these nutrients in much higher concentrations than you can get by just eating the fruits. Drink eight ounces of fresh berry or pineapple juice, alone or diluted with another fruit juice, once or twice a day for maximum benefit.

One or two glasses daily of fresh fruit or vegetable juices- especially any combination of apple, beet, carrot, celery, citrus, parsley, or pineapple-and dietary supplements may be helpful in preventing and treating varicosities.

Hi, Leah, thank you for your post.

1. You mean you only drink for a week only? After that, you stopped??

It only took a week to clear my forehead, but I still drank it after that, just not every single day. A few times a week or so.

2. You mean if we can get the organic carrot, we do not need to peel the outer layer?

Right.

How about the regular carrot (not organic)?

Peel it.

So, I am really confused on the amount of corrot juice to be taken daily.

Don't worry about it so much. Like I said, you can't overdose on beta-carotene. Just drink however much you want. 8 ounces a day is plenty.

i have heard that carrot juice gives you kidney stones... not sure if it's true or not at all

EDIT: too much carrot juice

That's what I read today too. More than a few cups a day really strains kidneys.

HANDSBELLA:

Hello, AutonomousOne1980, thanks for your reply.

How frequent you take carrot juice? How long you take to see the carrot juice has good effects on your back acne?

So, means you have been drinking the already-made carrot juice all the ways?? It makes no difference with the self-made carrot juice??

lol i always pimp carrots, theyre f***ing amazing for my skin. i love them, theyre like natures little miracle. :cool:

i think it's better to make your own carrot juice through juicing than buying commercially available ones. i read they're already pasteurized or boiled so the enzymes are lost. sometimes, although it says 100% pure, it's actually not, what it actually says is 100% from concentrate.

imo i think it's better to use a juicer.

think it's better to make your own carrot juice through juicing than buying commercially available ones. i read they're already pasteurized or boiled so the enzymes are lost. sometimes, although it says 100% pure, it's actually not, what it actually says is 100% from concentrate.

imo i think it's better to use a juicer.

WOW!!!! Good call!!! never thought of the pasteurization process, ive been drinking the bolthouse farms brand and it doesnt say it on the botttle, but when i went to the website it says it is flash pastuerized. im still gonna drink the juice for beta carotene, but im going to go back to eating raw carrots to fill in the gaps.in fact this is what i was doing when i first started loading up on carrots but after 2 weeks i decided to skip the raw carrots to save$$$.

Hi, I plan to drink pure carrot juice daily as replacement for the herb supplements.

But I have few questions:

(1). The RDA (Recommended Daily Allowance) for carotene is 5,000 IU, but raw carrot daily provides about 13,500 units of carotene. So I dont know how much of carrot should I use daily?

(2). Since carrot is a type of vegetable, so means carrot is safe to be taken daily in long term?

(3). Is it safe to take the carrot raw? pesticide?

Anyone has good or bad experiences with carrot juice?

Appreciate any opinion, please. Thank you very much.

regards

Bella

1. RDA is a guidline of the min ammount the body needs to survive/work optimal

2. Yep - If u juice make sure its with a slow rotation juicer or the high speed ones simply kill the enzymes due to the heat and speed of the blades, making it harder to digest. TBH tho the sugers in carrots are high...and couple this with Juicing (you are spliting the fibre and the juice) u will spike the blood sugar

levels when u drink it. Causing hormones to be released to counter the spike and with an impaired liver u will get acne in most cases.

3. Buy organic.