Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bornagainblonde

First week on Retin-A Micro and no peeling/irritation???

Doc prescribed me RetinAMicro .04. It has been 4 days and I have experienced NO PEELING, REDNESS OR IRRITATION! Does this mean it is not working or strong enough?

My skin is actually SOFTER and smoother with a bit of a GLOW???

I have been applying the pea-sized amount at night after washing with purpose soap and applying Nutrogena spf15 Oil-Free moisturizer. Should I not be applying any moisturizer until the morning?

As far as my acne itself, I did get a breakout the first 2 days but amazingly, none of teh zits were cystic and they were the kind that are easy to pop...a little squeeze and the puss came right out, making them flat and healed within 2 days!!!

I just don't get it...Is it still working if I am not suffering from irritation????

Doc prescribed me RetinAMicro .04. It has been 4 days and I have experienced NO PEELING, REDNESS OR IRRITATION! Does this mean it is not working or strong enough?

My skin is actually SOFTER and smoother with a bit of a GLOW???

I have been applying the pea-sized amount at night after washing with purpose soap and applying Nutrogena spf15 Oil-Free moisturizer. Should I not be applying any moisturizer until the morning?

As far as my acne itself, I did get a breakout the first 2 days but amazingly, none of teh zits were cystic and they were the kind that are easy to pop...a little squeeze and the puss came right out, making them flat and healed within 2 days!!!

I just don't get it...Is it still working if I am not suffering from irritation????

Don't worry... you may not experience much peeling or redness but that doesn't mean it's not working. The first time I used it I was fine after a week, but then after that I went into peel/chafe city so I had to reduce application frequency. But yeah, just wash your face, wait a few minutes and apply the retin-a, the moisturizer is for the daytime when the retin-a isn't on your face.

It sounds like your face is improving on it - - was your acne mild? How old are you? (Not to sound demeaning, but maybe the type of acne you is more accepting to the treatment). I hope you keep getting such great results!

It sounds like your face is improving on it - - was your acne mild? How old are you? (Not to sound demeaning, but maybe the type of acne you is more accepting to the treatment). I hope you keep getting such great results!

I'm 27, female...I would say my acne is moderate. I get clusters of really red zits that do not pop easily or at all (cysts) mostly on my cheeks and forehead. They are not huge zits except the one or two taht are cystic that spring up about every week and a half, about 2 at a time, usually in the same area of face. It's not like when I was 13 and would get clusters of zits in these areas but they mostly were loose and easy to pop and left no red marks. Also, back then they easily cleared up with BP.

I've never had sensitive skin or problems with allergies to skin treatments so maybe I am just an easy case because my skin is so tolerable.

I will say however that I am not ruling out the possibility of a huge initial breakout since it seems to be inevitable with RAM. i AM ON aDOXA 75 THOUGH SO MAYBE i WILL NOT BREAKOUT AS BAD BUT LIKE i SAID, i AM NOT RULING IT OUT.

I'm 27, female...I would say my acne is moderate. I get clusters of really red zits that do not pop easily or at all (cysts) mostly on my cheeks and forehead. They are not huge zits except the one or two taht are cystic that spring up about every week and a half, about 2 at a time, usually in the same area of face. It's not like when I was 13 and would get clusters of zits in these areas but they mostly were loose and easy to pop and left no red marks. Also, back then they easily cleared up with BP.

I've never had sensitive skin or problems with allergies to skin treatments so maybe I am just an easy case because my skin is so tolerable.

I will say however that I am not ruling out the possibility of a huge initial breakout since it seems to be inevitable with RAM. i AM ON aDOXA 75 THOUGH SO MAYBE i WILL NOT BREAKOUT AS BAD BUT LIKE i SAID, i AM NOT RULING IT OUT.

Probably the combination of the antibiotic and your skin being not sensetive will make you less likely to peel. But that's a bonus, because you'll probably see results without the problems we sensetive skin RAM users have!