Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ihatemylife

don't know what antibiotics to get???

i have never been on antibiotics before and have very mild acne problems. however, i have acne over 7-8 years already and im getting to a point in my life where im sick and tired of this shit. with that being said....out of all of these antibiotics Minocycline, Doxycycline, and Tetracycline. I know that all three are in a form of tetracyline but from your personal experiences.....1. WHICH ONE IS THE BEST?????????? 2. how long until i see results?????

I will be going to my family doctor and ask for it...

thanks so much guys ..........love ya!!!! :dance:

i have never been on antibiotics before and have very mild acne problems. however, i have acne over 7-8 years already and im getting to a point in my life where im sick and tired of this shit. with that being said....out of all of these antibiotics Minocycline, Doxycycline, and Tetracycline. I know that all three are in a form of tetracyline but from your personal experiences.....1. WHICH ONE IS THE BEST?????????? 2. how long until i see results?????

I will be going to my family doctor and ask for it...

thanks so much guys ..........love ya!!!! :dance:

You pretty much have to try one and see if works, and then if it doesn't then you try the next one. Sorry but there's no one antibiotic that works for everyone.

it really doesn't matter. 10 ppl replying to this post saying something mean nothing in regard to a product's effectiveness to you, to me, or to a random stranger.

http://www.acne.org/rate.php?disp_cat=18&a...r=browse#browse

just be informed and ask (not challenge) your derm for the reasons on why he prefers one over another (and receiving a generic "oh in my 10 years of practice, this seem to work the best"... while basically saying some other derm's preference and years of practice is invalid because that particular medication doesn't work for him?)

you are asking for a small, very small sample that's far from sufficient to even start making a qualify smart decision on.

anyway: doxy, no problem.