Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

After a few weeks on the regimen my skin is very flakey after I shower. When I apply the BP it becomes a kind of paste with the flakes as I rub it in, is there any way that me rubbing this into my skin could block my pores and cause breakouts? :think:

Does flakiness go away after a while or do I have to get rid of it myself?

Thanks

The exact same thing happend to me. In the first couple of weeks into the regimen, my skin became extremely dry and flakey after i had a shower. Don't worry though, the flakiness does eventually subside. Have you started with the the full amount of BP? because it is important that you gradually ramp up the dosage. I am pretty sure it wont clog your pores though.

flakiness can be a problem.

I suggest you incorporate a moisturizer with some glycolic acid or lactic acid in it. This will help exfoliate off those flakes.

Consider Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion (comes in 3 versions: one with spf, a night version, and a sensitive skin version that has less glycolic acid in it). If you decide to give this a try, just use it once a day for the first week or two to see how your skin will like it. It can be very strong for sensitive skin people. Alternate it with a normal moisturizer for awhile. If you are doing okay with it, then you can consider using it twice a day. If, however, you get more flaky with it, it could be overexfoliating and you will need to use it less frequently.

Good luck!

ive been on the regimen for 6 months and havent gone more than 3 days without getting some amount of flaking. i dont even apply as much bp as dan and probably use twice as much moisturizer as him, i guess i just have skin thats normally really dry or something, doesnt make any sense to me.